Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best price for 'The Sopranos' boxset

Options
  • 10-12-2010 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Want to get the box set as gift...
    What is the average price? And where would I get in Cork or net to deliever to Ireland for free.
    Looked on play.com and its about 84 euros (pricey) or is this norm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Amazon have it for £48.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gonna move this to 'Bargain Alerts: Requests' but the best price online price is Amazon's £48.99 as pointed out by janeybabe.

Best in-store price? I'm pretty sure HMV have it between the €60 - €70 mark

Don't order it from Play.com.. odds are you won't get it for Christmas and because they ship out of Jersey, there's a good chance you'll need to pay an extra €24 on that when it gets nabbed by customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

It had been 79.99 in HMV and I went to buy it earlier this week. Was sold out in both Graften St and Henry. I was told it would be back in late in the week reduced by 20 to €59.99. A great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyBananas

janeybabe wrote: »
    Amazon have it for £48.99.

If Amazon have delivery or VAT charges, then bear in mind that Sendit.com have it for £49.89 with none of these charges.

http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/dvd/The-Sopranos-Series-1-6-Complete/1095379.htm

If Amazon have delivery or VAT charges, then bear in mind that Sendit.com have it for £49.89 with none of these charges.

http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/dvd/The-Sopranos-Series-1-6-Complete/1095379.htm
    I wouldn't risk buying off any retailer bar Amazon this close to Christmas tbh..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

You should install the invisible hand on your browser. It'll tell you the best price from a range of suppliers. Just bear in mind that their pricing is uk pricing, so doesn't include irish delivery charges on websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/ is a handy site. I rarely find anywhere more than a Euro or pound cheaper than Amazon and my nothing-but-excellent experience with them means I wouldn't bother saving that Euro if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BluePaddy

You should install the invisible hand on your browser.

Never heard of this? Can you explain.

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

heres a list of prices a handy site http://www.123pricecheck.com/Product-283926/B002DQUASQ-The+Sopranos+HBO+Complete+Seasons+1+6.html bare in mind postage prices is for uk

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyBananas

basquille wrote: »
    I wouldn't risk buying off any retailer bar Amazon this close to Christmas tbh..

You might have a point. I’ve heard Amazon have a warehouse near Dublin, yet still charge delivery to Ireland. The free delivery to Ireland websites (eg Sendit, Asda, Play) tend to be based in the Channel Islands, hence can take longer for packages to get here.

(With Amazon I wouldn’t take it personally. Business is Business).

• Advertisement

Yep, Amazon do ship some items out of Dublin.

I've had turnaround times of as little as 2 days (i.e ordered an item on Monday, recieved despatched notice later than day and recieved it the following day).

Every other of those retailers (Asda, Sendit, Play), you're talking an average delivery of 4 - 5 business days (and that's after you recieve a despatch notice.. typically not til at least a day or two after ordering.

Amazon are a goddamn godsend tbh..!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I but A LOT on the web and nobody delivers as quickly or as reliably as Amazon, shocking quick, I had an order last week for a webcam on Saturday morning and got it Monday in the post, typically is about 2/3 working days.
    Once your order is above £25 the shipping is free...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Having my first poor experience with Amazon right now, item dispatched last Sunday and still no sign of it. Wouldn't generally be worried but I ordered it for a mate who I owed a few quid to. Sigh, last time I praise them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 yipyip

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Got it in HMV today for 59.99. V good price I must say!!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Seen it on for 60 £ on online would that be about as cheap as you will get?

Advertisement