Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire Camera Blur

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Definitely something going on over there that shouldn't be. That looks as if it was taken by an old VGA digital camera :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Thank you for contacting us. In regards to the camera issues, I can help you with that. You will need to perform a hard reset: Warning: Resetting your phone will erase all data stored on the phone memory completely. Remember to back up the phone information and settings. To perform a hard reset please do the following: Go to the Home Screen Press Menu Tap Settings Tap Privacy Tap Factory data reset Tap Reset phone It is also possible to perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on the phone. 1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button. 2. Wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button. 3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER. 4. When asked to confirm, press VOLUME UP Will I lose all my calendar events, contacts and emails if I have to perform a factory reset? Yes, you will lose your data on the phone. However if you have set up a Google account on your phone, your data is synchronized and backed up on your Google account. To setup a Google account, please do the following: Go to the Home screen Press Menu Tap Settings Tap Accounts & sync Tap Add Account Tap Google Tap Next Tap Sign in Enter the Google Username and Password Tap Sign in The handset will now automatically sync Contacts, Calendar and Gmail with the Google account. I trust that this resolves your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if required.

BTW it was formatted like that in the mail...hard to read!
    So they want me to do a hard reset after I just finished setting my phone up the way I like it :mad:

lafors wrote: »
    BTW it was formatted like that in the mail...hard to read!
    So they want me to do a hard reset after I just finished setting my phone up the way I like it :mad:
    Won't help at all tbh.

You need a different/newer ROM. Are you running 2.2?

Won't help at all tbh.

Yep running stock 2.2
    All my pictures have been like this from when I got the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Won't help at all tbh.

Correct. Just tried it, no difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Here's a few from mine. I always found the quality decent once you take a steady shot. Must be a hardware problem. As you can see from the filenames, 2 were taken with CameraZoom and 1 with the standard camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Dr. Loon wrote: »
    Here's a few from mine. I always found the quality decent once you take a steady shot. Must be a hardware problem. As you can see from the filenames, 2 were taken with CameraZoom and 1 with the standard camera.

I think you've just proved the point there. The difference between Camera Zoom (which appears to activate the auto focus) and the camera on the phone (which appears not to) is simply light and day :eek: in those shots

I tried emailing and calling HTC this morning, but if a reset is their solution I'll give up. Meteor shop said I can return it to them (10 working days), or drop it into the local service centre. I think I'll do that next week.

Here's a pic I took when the phone was new. Not bad.

http://imgur.com/28vc3

HTC emailed me back, they want me to drop it into the repair centre here.
    They better give me a replacement phone while they're fixing it.

• Advertisement

I have to send mine to UK for repair. Tempted to buy a Galaxy S to use in the meantime. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

JustinOval wrote: »
    I have to send mine to UK for repair. Tempted to buy a Galaxy S to use in the meantime. :pac:

No recession for you:pac:

Kenno90 wrote: »
    No recession for you:pac:

I'm out of contract now, €99 for a Galaxy S with a new contract, then sell it (or the Desire..) for €350. :D

HTC emailed me back, they want me to drop it into the repair centre here.
    They better give me a replacement phone while they're fixing it.

Can you let us know how that goes? Mine has gone back with a courier, it's going to be a long two weeks...

Can you let us know how that goes? Mine has gone back with a courier, it's going to be a long two weeks...

I'm in work so wont get to send it in this week. I bet it'll be the same as you, send it to the UK :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 grimbo

For what it's worth

I noticed the same [blurry] problem with mine, but there wasn't the same problem with the phone back off. I'd tried cleaning the lens cover but couldn't clear whatever it was off it. The glass was cloudy somehow... anyway, I poked it out with a pen and I'm back to to clear [as they get] photos now.

grimbo wrote: »
    For what it's worth

I noticed the same [blurry] problem with mine, but there wasn't the same problem with the phone back off. I'd tried cleaning the lens cover but couldn't clear whatever it was off it. The glass was cloudy somehow... anyway, I poked it out with a pen and I'm back to to clear [as they get] photos now.

I tried that, the battery cover can cause some blurriness but not as much as we are getting. Definitely an auto-focus issue as macro shots are near perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭bean

I found that my pics on my Desire were deteriorating after three months. I had a closer look at the clear plastic on the rear cover that protects the camera. Seems that there were small scratches there so i took a small amount non abrasive polish and buffed the clear plastic and removed the scratches, worked for me.

Got a Galaxy S today. Photos are pretty much equal when it comes to quality but focusing is a tiny bit better for all but Macro shots.

Got a Galaxy S today. Photos are pretty much equal when it comes to quality but focusing is a tiny bit better for all but Macro shots.

Where did you get it? Online price is €179 but some have reported €99 in shop.. (bill pay)

• Advertisement

Where did you get it? Online price is €179 but some have reported €99 in shop.. (bill pay)
    Yup €99 on Connect €25.

Not for me exactly, it's an upgrade for my father. But he's left it to me to get it all set up and for me to install some apps e.t.c.

Yup €99 on Connect €25.

Not for me exactly, it's an upgrade for my father. But he's left it to me to get it all set up and for me to install some apps e.t.c.

CPW or Meteor shop?

CPW or Meteor shop?
    CPW, I think they sell it cheaper (Somehow) than Meteor themselves. I went in expecting to pay €179 so it was a nice surprise.

If you're wondering about what I think of the phone relative to the Desire check out this thread
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055996876

I'm in work so wont get to send it in this week. I bet it'll be the same as you, send it to the UK :(

Have you sent yours yet?

I sent mine a week ago today, it arrived on Monday (GLS tracker), and confirmed (after making an enquiry) yesterday but told it will take up to another 7 working days to repair... :rolleyes:

In the meantime I'm using a Nokia 3120, it's ridiculous. :pac:

Just got this update-
    Your phone is ready for pick-up. Our customer service representatives or express delivery staff will contact you about a delivery schedule to return your HTC phone.

Doubt I'll have it back before the weekend... :rolleyes:

Just got this update-

Doubt I'll have it back before the weekend... :rolleyes:

You get it back yet.
    I've been away with work so still haven't sent mine.

You get it back yet.
    I've been away with work so still haven't sent mine.

No. :mad:

Repair confirmed and 'Your device is ready to be sent back to you, that menas in shortly you will receive it back.' (sic) A week ago tomorrow.

I contacted them and they just said it's on the way. :rolleyes:

Still sitting in the repair centre with no signs of moving. :mad:

I seem to have this problem but it appears to be a dirty/greasy/scratched back cover causing it.

I took the back cover off my Desire and took a picture and compared it to the same picture with the cover on.

• Advertisement

ronoc wrote: »
    I seem to have this problem but it appears to be a dirty/greasy/scratched back cover causing it.

I took the back cover off my Desire and took a picture and compared it to the same picture with the cover on.

Thanks, but it is 100% a hardware issue.

Advertisement