Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft Funk - Daft Punk Tribute?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Real FM wrote: »
    And where exactly in my post did I say they were doing it for the love of music? I completely agree that they probably do this for financial gain.

My point is that posters are off cue in slagging off their production skills when they have never claimed to have any.

Well they aren't exactly honest about what they're doing. Apart from a comment on YouTube, they want the full crowd to think they're actually DJing, when they're not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Well they aren't exactly honest about what they're doing. Apart from a comment on YouTube, they want the full crowd to think they're actually DJing, when they're not.

Arguably, they are looking out for the best interests of people in AUTHENTICALLY recereating the Daf...

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

Conor OH! wrote: »

in short... money kills art.

100% agree!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyysus!

This is the most inane thread I have ever read. Two clowns with glowsticks cellotaped to themselves dancing like autistic Jedwards behind decks prompts an argument about authenticity. Seriously lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyysus!

This is the most inane thread I have ever read. Two clowns with glowsticks cellotaped to themselves dancing like autistic Jedwards behind decks prompts an argument about authenticity. Seriously lads...

On the note of authenticity, I was at a concert in France over the summer. Some big names playing, such as Guetta, Laidback Luke, Martin Solveig and Tiesto. I was in the VIP area and they had a very cool video link of over the decks.

Without naming names, they refused to show one of the acts playing live. He even used a completely different set up in the booth, weird considering all decks were CDJ1000's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Two clowns with glowsticks cellotaped to themselves dancing like autistic Jedwards .
    sounds exactly like the real Daft Punk to me.:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭jimbomalley

Theres a new crew on the block....same idea but they actually went to the trouble of getting proper helmets made.
    Check out their videos at http://vimeo.com/18042495 and on facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 paulk024

I've worked with these guys and they are pretty good. All live Djing and visuals using serato.

All explained in this article:

http://www.thecorknews.ie/?q=content/daft-funk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Request thread move to theatre and performing arts forum?

(teehee)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Terry Cotta

F^cking tribute bands. Check this ****e
    http://shamrockmusicfestival.com/?page_id=5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 djcobs

Was working with the guys in Galway over the weekend and I have to say they put on some show.....and I don't know what all this talk about not live djing they did the whole show on Friday completely live using serato

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I find this sort of ironic as IMO Daft Punk are a rip off themselves of this 1970s electronic band:

Space - Magic Fly (1977)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

paulk024 wrote: »
    I've worked with these guys and they are pretty good. All live Djing and visuals using serato.

All explained in this article:

http://www.thecorknews.ie/?q=content/daft-funk
    djcobs wrote: »
    Was working with the guys in Galway over the weekend and I have to say they put on some show.....and I don't know what all this talk about not live djing they did the whole show on Friday completely live using serato

Don't usually post in this forum, but spotted this thread about Daft Funk, and these 'new users' with 1/2 posts saying how great they are and I had to reply.

I'm just a person who likes music and going to gigs, I'm not a DJ/expert and I went to see these guys in Cyprus Avenue in Cork a few weeks ago cos I love Daft Punk. They were BRUTAL:mad:, they cannot mix for shit..... My cousins 3 year old could do a better job if I logged him into youtube and left him off to pick out the tracks:rolleyes:

Seriously, if anyone's planning on going to one of their gigs - Don't bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

plugging yourselfs lads ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

At least a cover band actually play the stuff in front of you. These cover dj's just press play and jump around (which daft punk dont even do) and morons pay a tenner to see them.

More recently a deadmau5 cover dj, dmau5 (inventive name) has started playing. I heard he's awful,and doesn't even play the deadmau5 songs that the crowd want to hear. I have quite a strong hate for Deadmau5 but I still think i could throw together a mix to keep the lemmings happy.

Chewabacca wrote: »
    More recently a deadmau5 cover dj, dmau5 (inventive name) has started playing. I heard he's awful,and doesn't even play the deadmau5 songs that the crowd want to hear. I have quite a strong hate for Deadmau5 but I still think i could throw together a mix to keep the lemmings happy.

Grrr, I hate lemmings, I much prefer orringes!

Grrr, I hate lemmings, I much prefer orringes!

Lemmings was a great game, I suggest you withdraw that statement.

Lemmings was a great game, I suggest you withdraw that statement.

Nah Lemmings was rubbish. Anyone that says it was good is like some sort of rodent type animal that would follow the same sort of rodent animal anywhere, even if it was over a cliff (which was proven to be an urban myth)...

... em, was it beavers?

... em, was it beavers?

5576.jpg

5576.jpg

Sadly, I met many of them in college...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

fionntan g wrote: »
    Awesome cover from a sligo band

I'd much prefer a to see this lot. Awesome, and actually requires more talent than pressing play on a CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

I'd consider myself a 'mild' fan of Daft Punk, meaning I've bought 2 of their albums and like listening to them,If chance arose to go see them live it wouldn't be a big thing if I missed it, from what I've read here I think I'd feel fairly ripped off if these guys were more of a fancy dress lookalike act than a tribute act.

Anyway, not knocking Daft Punk but I thought this was good ..........

............and a bit more imaginative than just dressing up and playing Daft Punk CD's (although,they've made a few quid at it so fair fooks to them on that score)

:D

Advertisement