Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook Pro Panic Attack

Options
  • 27-08-2015 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, Just wiped my Macbook Pro as it was running 10.10 and she cant handle it(It was annoyingly sluggish) so i wiped it clean and restored it from a time machine back up of my iMac running 10.9( I cant seem to get mavericks anywhere that works properly and apple wont supply it)

Anyway it finished restoring and it keeps going to the apple screen and this black text pops up over it for about 2 seconds and restarts again...

Can anyone tell me what is happening?

Thanks

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

The error is a Kernel Panic. I don't think you will get that to work that way.

On the iMac check if you have the Mavericks installer in your Applications folder. If you have you can create a bootable USB installer which will work on the MacBook. If you don't you might have it in the Time Machine backup of your MacBook, browse it and check.

Alternatively do a fresh clean install of Yosemite on the MacBook, I recently installed 10.10 on a 2010 Air and it work fine so it should work on your Pro if it isn't too old and has at least 2GB RAM (preferably 4GB). You should be able to find the installer in the Applications folder of your Time Machine backup.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

thank you very much Zener!

Advertisement