Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catenary drawings

Options
  • 07-05-2014 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Would anyone happen to know where I could find some good drawings of the DART OHLE? It's for a digital modelling project I'm working on. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

GBOA wrote: »
    Would anyone happen to know where I could find some good drawings of the DART OHLE? It's for a digital modelling project I'm working on. Thanks in advance.

Does it have to be dart?

A quick Google search for train catenery diagram threw me up a large selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭GBOA

I'm currently using UK Mk3 catenary which differs quite substantially from that used on the DART network however, I'm unsure if the same catenary is in use elsewhere or if it is design specific to DART.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

DART is 1500V DC so it will use much smaller insulators than 25Kv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭GBOA

Yeah, that's why I was looking for a more appropriate catenary. It's somewhat less heavyweight to the 25Kv stuff.

Advertisement