Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor 25 a month plan

Options
  • 15-01-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

If this is in the wrong place then apologies and the mods can close/move it.

Anyway, I am on pay as you go - I have the €20 per month with free meteor to meteor calls and texts. I was thinking of going with the bill option, it's just over €25 a month when you move online, it's free meteor to meteor calls and texts, 1GB internet, and 200 mins and 200 texts to other networks.

Now I would use the internet for a quick browse on twitter, facebook, and some sport. That would be it. Then most of my friends are meteor so the calls and texts would be free.

So do you think it would be a good option to go for the above or is there a good chance of me going over the limit on a regular basis? I wouldn't mind an odd month here or there going over it but once it was almost always the 25 I reckon it is good value, and then the phones are always cheaper when you are on bill - I'm looking into the S3 mini (another reason for the switch).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Moved form PAYG to €25 Bill pay in December. Would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

beazee wrote: »
    Moved form PAYG to €25 Bill pay in December. Would recommend.

Did you get a new phone from it? If so, what one?

Also you have no troubles with going over on the bill etc. I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

No new phone. Bought one off market recently couldn't justify more spending.

Used 130/200 free minutes
    Used 30/200 free texts
    Approx 300MB/1GB allowance (turn mobile internet on only when badly needed, serves well conserving battery)

13 international minutes set me back extra €8
    Get yourself a PhoneUsage app on Android to see your usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 SimpsonsFan

I'm also on 25 a month. Would recommend it. I think I get 400 free minutes and 400 free texts to other networks. I'd only go over the 25 if I had to make a very quick call to a relative in the UK.
    Got the Galaxy S2 as an upgrade for €100.
    I am constantly on the internet on my phone, but go through my wireless at home and work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

If you buy it online it's only 20 a month not 25 for 200 minutes, 200 texts and 1GB of data. You get unlimited texts for 25 a month but you don't need unlimited texts as you can use apps like Cabage to send another 200 free texts (so that's 400 total) and you can also use Viber, WhatsApp and others to send more free texts.

When this 200 minutes, 200 texts and 1GB package launched it was only 15 euro a month when I signed up and then it increased to 20 a month but I still only have to pay 15. In a year I haven't gone over any and only had an extra few euro to pay the odd time I sent a texts or made a calls to the UK or Europe.

You may have to pay a 50 euro deposit but you get that back if you give 30 days notice or automatically after 3 months.

I haven't had any issues with it and would recommend it.

• Advertisement

Dudda wrote: »
    If you buy it online it's only 20 a month not 25 for 200 minutes, 200 texts and 1GB of data. You get unlimited texts for 25 a month but you don't need unlimited texts as you can use apps like Cabage to send another 200 free texts (so that's 400 total) and you can also use Viber, WhatsApp and others to send more free texts.

When this 200 minutes, 200 texts and 1GB package launched it was only 15 euro a month when I signed up and then it increased to 20 a month but I still only have to pay 15. In a year I haven't gone over any and only had an extra few euro to pay the odd time I sent a texts or made a calls to the UK or Europe.

You may have to pay a 50 euro deposit but you get that back if you give 30 days notice or automatically after 3 months.

I haven't had any issues with it and would recommend it.

No I'm on about the 25 deal, 30 in store. 200 texts, 200 mins, 1GB internet, free meteor to meteor calls and texts.

Yeah I've been hearing good things, and I need a new phone, this way the phone will be cheaper, and once I keep track of my mins and usage I should be fine. Although as has been stated the apps can be used for texts etc. Also most of my friends are meteor so the free calls/texts should cover that.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Why not try 48 months.... Basic package is €10 per month for all calls and texts to mobile phones only.... Landline minutes are extra....

Also you can add 3gb of download for an extra €10 per month.... Great deal.....

Why not try 48 months.... Basic package is €10 per month for all calls and texts to mobile phones only.... Landline minutes are extra....

Also you can add 3gb of download for an extra €10 per month.... Great deal.....

Who is this with? I don't want to be tied down to a contract for 4 years tbh..

Edit: I just googled it, you have to be between 18 and 22 apparently. Anyway I have my phone over 2 years and I was thinking of getting rid of it and so I thought why not move to bill as the phone would be cheaper and once I rarely went over the 25 a month I wouldn't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

48 months is a bargain - I signed my (elderly) mother up for it :)

side note - this discount might still work for meteor - I used it myself about 17 months ago and wasn't asked for proof of working in the public service

http://www.publicsectorroi.groupscheme.com/content/phones-and-internet/meteor/237

chops018 wrote: »
    Who is this with? I don't want to be tied down to a contract for 4 years tbh..

Edit: I just googled it, you have to be between 18 and 22 apparently. Anyway I have my phone over 2 years and I was thinking of getting rid of it and so I thought why not move to bill as the phone would be cheaper and once I rarely went over the 25 a month I wouldn't mind.

I am with 48months and lets just say i am 18 years over their age limit..... (you just put down that you are 18 on the online application form :))
    There is no contract to sign, just a month by month.....
    You just have to have an unlocked phone to use it and 48months are part of the O2 Network.....

• Advertisement

It appears to be just another of many discount sites. I saw it posted on here somewhere when I was switching mobile companies and chanced my arm using the voucher. Advantage is you can just print off the voucher for meteor on it with out registering and if they don't accept it no loss to you. I brought mine in to one of their store in Dublin city centre and got a 25% discount on the contract no questions asked at the time.

btw it seems to have little/nothing to do with the public service apart from the name as no one I know in the public service ever heard of it, just marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

How do we get these vouchers? The website links to the homepage and it is like a brochure site, more than anything.

Patrick, if you have that voucher still, can you post it? It may be old, but it is worth a shot.
    Or, if anyone had a Vodafone one, I would love them forever. Like, major love.

How do we get these vouchers? The website links to the homepage and it is like a brochure site, more than anything.

Patrick, if you have that voucher still, can you post it? It may be old, but it is worth a shot.

Those vouchers are more than likely out of date.

chops018 wrote: »

Those vouchers are more than likely out of date.

Thanks, but I found that they are still active, and also include broadband now.

Hi, it won't link any more directly to the page for what ever reason

If you google public sector group scheme - select ROI not Northern Ireland on the map on their site and it will take you to the main page for deals in Ireland. It's then listed under phones and internet.

See you found it already but no harm posting this anyhow :)

Thanks.

Yes, that seems to work, but lets all keep it down, in case word gets out and they start clamping down for those who DON'T work for the Government. ;)

Advertisement