Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No. of Dermot Weld trained winners

Options
  • 27-07-2014 1:29am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone any opinions on this for the Galway races.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭ComplyOrDie

I said 7 at start of week, but it's looking like more as he's picking up momentum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I said 7 at start of week, but it's looking like more as he's picking up momentum

What is he currently on?

Who has he today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

:confused:

Eh what? Care to expand upon/justify this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Chesty08 wrote: »
    What is he currently on?

first year I didnt follow the hoor blind, only think ive done right all week
    you'd have finished down last year backing all of his horses also despite
    all the winners

5 so far this week, god help all following

Timiyan (USA) 3/1
    Hidden Universe (IRE) 9/4 f
    Antique Platinum (IRE) 2/5 f
    Whitey O' Gwaun (IRE) 9/10 f
    Brooch (USA) 4/9 f

:confused:

Eh what? Care to expand upon/justify this?

1 on Monday
    2 on Tuesday
    2 on Wednesday

• Advertisement

1 on Monday
    2 on Tuesday
    2 on Wednesday
    0 on Thursday

:)

mailburner wrote: »
    :)
    True

lol
    ninja :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Weld makes Galway even more boring. Invariably his nags start favourite, and if they get stuffed everyone says it was a false price because if it was trained by anybody else it would be a much bigger price; and if it wins Weld is fawned over by the adoring press as being the "genius" of Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Pretty sure he's a legendary trainer and he couldnt care less if a bunch of degenerates win or lose. Thank feck for his continued support of the festival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Pretty sure he's a legendary trainer and he couldnt care less if a bunch of degenerates win or lose. Thank feck for his continued support of the festival

I can't be the only one who hates to see it and HRI and the stewards are worse for putting up with it. Imagine how sick you would be backing one of these horses last time out before Galway running midfield never looking like winning yet they go to Galway and have about a stone in hand. It's no coincidence year after year that he has these

Whitey O'Gwuan was rotten, ran in a decent handicap the other week. Was favorite the night before and drifted to about 3 times its price but the dogs on the street know they had ran it over the wrong trip. How many three year olds by Dalakhani want 7 furlongs? Set the price up nicely and he wins in a canter this week upped in trip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Weld makes Galway even more boring. Invariably his nags start favourite, and if they get stuffed everyone says it was a false price because if it was trained by anybody else it would be a much bigger price; and if it wins Weld is fawned over by the adoring press as being the "genius" of Galway.

I welcome it. If you fancy something else in the race at least his will make the market for you. I'll gladly oppose most of the horses at the prices though I wasn't keen to take on the Aga filly on the first day who proved well ahead of her mark (and I'm not after timing I haven't had a bet this week)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Gregk961 wrote: »

Who you calling a degenerate pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

The snobbery around Galway and Dermot Weld brings a smile to my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The snobbery around Galway and Dermot Weld brings a smile to my face.

Brings a smile to the bookies' faces as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭the galway secret

is he still on 5? whos next to him for top trainer? musnt be too far behind this year?

Advertisement