Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Permit

Options
  • 31-07-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi been looking on daft for a place in Cork City but need a place with parking. I've heard getting a parking permit can be a bit of an ordeal, has anyone any experience of this? Is there a lot of red tape?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Is there a lot of red tape?

It's a f*cking nightmare! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

kingtut wrote: »
    It's a f*cking nightmare! :mad:

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭TheChizler

You need to get your insurance, registration, and register of electors addresses changed, and possibly something to do with a commissioner for oaths, at least my housemate had to for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paintitblack

Thanks for the replies, sounds like a disaster. I'll try avoid if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

Also I think there is only one permit allowed per house.

There is just no incentive for the Council to grant these as they know they are losing out on revenue by issuing them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

It's easier if you own the house but a friend of mine who's renting managed to get one without too much trouble, the info is here on the Corpo's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭TheChizler

opus wrote: »
    It's easier if you own the house but a friend of mine who's renting managed to get one without too much trouble, the info is here on the Corpo's website.
    I think in some ways it's easier to get if you're renting, or at least there are more available, something to do with how new builds are obliged to provide off street parking, so in existing buildings without off street the council have to make the equivalent available, or something like that, I'm told...

Advertisement