Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pad Repair Question

Options
  • 31-07-2014 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hey people. I have a PS3 Madcatz SF X T pad that started acting up today. It keeps tilting right randomly. I unscrewed the pad cover as well and seems the source of the problem seems to be from the pad's interior. Before I start unscrewing the back with the possibility of breaking something, can anybody who's familiar with this suggest some solutions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Replace the pad. :(

Sadly, dpads are activated with a little silicone membrane, and they're all (mostly) incompatible with other pads - so once it dies, it's dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Hmm... figures. Even still, might be worth practicing DIY for.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Kiki's right bro.
    I had a quick search and getting the replacement membrane is near impossible.
    Found his thread:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/174444/fightpad-replacement-dpad
    where a guy claims that both the original madcatz fight pad and the sfxt have the same sized d-pad membrane; but the real problem here is getting the parts!

The way i see it, you've got three options:
    1) Try to find the replacement part and repair your current dpad. I think it'll be very hard for you to do this thought man, sorry to say.
    2) Simply replace the controller: Very reasonaby priced replacement (used though, so worst case scenario you can hopefully use this for parts)
    3) Take this opportunity to learn stick. May or may not be better in the long run. I'm happy i switched, but stick isn't for everyone.

Cheers Usurper, I already ordered a new one anyway. As for learning sticks man, I'm not sure, since you're average stick ranges from about 150-200 quid and I'm unemployed I can't really put in that amount of investment for something I may not like.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

they go for 50 pounds very often (madcatz sales during tournaments)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Macal wrote: »
    Cheers Usurper, I already ordered a new one anyway. As for learning sticks man, I'm not sure, since you're average stick ranges from about 150-200 quid and I'm unemployed I can't really put in that amount of investment for something I may not like.
    Yeah, I hear ya man.
    I'm sure if you asked around one of the guys would lend you one of their spare stick's if you wanted to test it out for a while and see how it sits with you.
    Anyways, glad you got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I have a graveyard of fightpads. I got through about 2 a year. My problem is always with the membranes on the buttons so I have a plethora of Dpad membranes that are all fairly good. I'll be at DCC if you want I can bring one.

I might be at DOC as well. I'll probably have the new one by then but having a spare would great. Yeah, the square button on the old one my is slightly wedged in but still works 99% of the time, I can see how the membrane might wear out. Much appreciated.

Won't be at DCC unfortunately, but probably will be at DOC next weekend.

Advertisement