Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuous wear monthly lenses

Options
  • 26-07-2014 11:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭

Anyone recommend these? Can you leave them in and nights and literally just change them once a month?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lurker2013

Twas Not wrote: »
    Anyone recommend these? Can you leave them in and nights and literally just change them once a month?

Never tried. I take mine out every night. Best have a chat with your optician. They might agree to ease you into it slowly; e g you try for 4 nights and pop back to them for a check etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Twas Not wrote: »

Ideally you would take them our once a week or so just to clean them. As the poster above said, go to your optometrist and they will make sure there is no problem with you trying them and you will have to have a few checks in the first month to make sure its all ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I've been using these for about 5 years and I absolutely love them! I have little bottles of solution for times when they need to be cleaned, but otherwise they stay in for a full 30 days. I wear my glasses for 2-4 days between wears to give my eyes a break (and get my face fully wet in the shower!) but they are totally reliable. Using lensmail with Specsavers, so I pay €20 per month, and they ship 3 pairs out every 3 months.
    When I first got them, they make you come back after 24 hours, then a week, then a month to make sure your eyes can cope. This also means month 1 is free! Totally recommend!!

Advertisement