Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Placement programme.

Options
  • 31-07-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here done one of these or know anyone doing one?
    Considering it but seems like a bit of a swizz !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Its an absolute scam and grossly unfair on young people who cant get their full dole. Its also reducing employment in Ireland as companies are taking down real jobs on the fas site and replacing them with WPPs.
    These arent getting enough coverage if you ask me. The acceptance of them is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Total con. Basically you get to work for up to nine months for free, and there is no guarantee that you get to keep your dole if you accept one as it is on a case by case basis.

If the employers even paid people the same as the dole fpr a WPP, then people would jump at the WPPs as at least they would be doing something with their time.

Makes me laugh when I see people being sought for anything from retail work to legal work on WPPs and that they are expected to work full weeks for nothing to the same standards as those there being paid full wages, and with no guarantee of a full time paid job afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

I saw one for canteen cleaning once, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You can't put a price on experience

Cue random for everything else there's MasterCard comment.

Advertisement