Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karate/Martial Arts for young boy(6) in the city

Options
  • 30-08-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya Folks,
    As laid out in the title my son is pestering me for the last few months to get him some karate classes.....
    I've spent hours explaining how its not all dragon punches and pretty oriental ladies ;):P and if he takes it up it will be a lot of work for him as well as hopefully some fun.
    Anyway he's adamant he wants to give it a go and so I turn to the boards community for some advice on where to take him?
    Also any advice anyone wants to offer on some activities and sports clubs preferably on the northside of the city would be much appreciated!
    Thanks in advance.
    Bryan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Niall1975

WAZA KAI ju jitsu kids club they have classes every wednesday and saturday for kids aged 5 to 12yrs. Linda is the womans name 087 7804205

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Yip WAZA KAI ju jitsu is the one your looking for Linda or Mike i take the snr classes with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks a million for the replies folks!
    Is that the one near Baker place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Nope mike has moved its now where ryans timber yard used to be on windmill street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

Waza Kai FTW ;)

Mike Carroll is a class instructor. He mixes it up with Ju Jitsu & Muay thai. I trained with him when I was about 12 and also when I was 19. great guy. His son Mikey foes the kids class now I think. Hes a 1st Dan black belt so he knows his stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Nope mike has moved its now where ryans timber yard used to be on windmill street.
    Ah Yeah I know the spot! Thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sashasky

My son goes to Tang SooDo on saturday mornings .It is on in the Project school , top of O Connell St across the road from Bobbys Byrnes.As far as i know you could bring him there on saturday morning at 10 o clock ,that is the beginners class time .

Advertisement