Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring money

Options
  • 28-06-2006 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

hey

im planning on going into AIB tomorrow and transferring money to Thomann to buy my new bass. On the site they give a little paragraph of details but of course its all german format so i was wondering if anyone could help me out (i plan on asking in AIB tomorrow aswell but i thought ye might know alot more)

these are the details:
    Musikhaus Thomann, Deutsche Bank, Lange Str. 37, D-96047 Bamberg, BIC: DEUT DE DB 762 (Swift Code), IBAN: DE 19760700240811500800.

Im guessing myself that musikhaus thomannis the account name, deutche bank, lange str. 37, d-96047 bamberg is the bank branch, the sort code is DEUT DE DB 762 and the account number is 19760700240811500800? but its only guessing tho

does anyone know if banks know anything about this kind of transfer because i could totally see them not having a clue

and finally has anyone transferred money to places like thomann or music store before? is it a good way to pay?

thankin ya
    Sven

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Bank transfers are fine. I found though that it can take a week or just over a week for the money to go through into the other persons account. Took 5/6 working days when I transferred money to my friend in Germany for a guitar so if you dont mind waiting then its as good a way to pay as any. Just take all those details with you. They'll give you a form which isnt too hard to fill out. Oh and very important.... dont que in the main que... I qued for an hour and when I got to the counter they said they didnt handle bank transfers. Then I had to que for another 15 mins in the foreign exchange line which handle the bank transfers. Pain in the arse but you know now....... I hate banks. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

AIB will have a clue go up to the foreign exchange and ask for a pay link plus form.

make sure it's paylink plus as paylink form won't allow you to enter a message to the sender whereas a paylink plus will.

fill it in and hand it in with the cash at the foreign exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

GStormcrow wrote:
    Bank transfers are fine. I found though that it can take a week or just over a week for the money to go through into the other persons account. Took 5/6 working days when I transferred money to my friend in Germany for a guitar so if you dont mind waiting then its as good a way to pay as any. Just take all those details with you. They'll give you a form which isnt too hard to fill out. Oh and very important.... dont que in the main que... I qued for an hour and when I got to the counter they said they didnt handle bank transfers. Then I had to que for another 15 mins in the foreign exchange line which handle the bank transfers. Pain in the arse but you know now....... I hate banks. lol
    over a week? ow... em well i guess i have no alternative so i guess its all i can do... will the bank know how to defier all those details above? i thought that the beureau de change only exchanged money?
    Cremo wrote:
    AIB will have a clue go up to the foreign exchange and ask for a pay link plus form.

make sure it's paylink plus as paylink form won't allow you to enter a message to the sender whereas a paylink plus will.

fill it in and hand it in with the cash at the foreign exchange.

i plan to transfer money straight from my account to theres.. think this would be faster?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Would ya believe it, I actually transferred money to Thomann today. I'd wait to get the confirmation email from them for your order because they might include a discount and they will give you a message to put on the transfer. It's not that important but it helps. If you have online banking, you can do it through that as long as you have a code card.

feylya wrote:
    Would ya believe it, I actually transferred money to Thomann today. I'd wait to get the confirmation email from them for your order because they might include a discount and they will give you a message to put on the transfer. It's not that important but it helps. If you have online banking, you can do it through that as long as you have a code card.
    why would they give me a discount? im pretty sure im not eligible for any... can you think of any reasons why? have you transferred money to them before?

• Advertisement

They don't have to pay credit card fees. Didn't give me a discount but I got a nice deal anyway. It's the first time I've done it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Ah the pesky bank transfers (just where does the money go for 2 days??)

fairly easy, go to bank customer service, they'll know what numbers they need.

But wait until you get that email from Thomann saying something like:
    "Please transfer €xxx.xx into our account blah de blah" as this email will have your customer/order number (beginning with KDNR iirc)

its easy, just not fond of it meself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

I transferred money to Thomann last week via AIB, it went through in about two (working) days.

it all seems great, im waiting to get paid for this month before i can transfer the money which is just as well coz im very confused coz on the thomann site aswell as the paragraph i posted in the OP it says the swift code is DEUT DE DB 762 but in the email i got from thomann this morning they said the sort code is DEUT DE DB 760... what code did ye use?

The one in the email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Ditto.

i did it today it went fine except for the fact that im so severly confused about the note section. your only aloowed 18 characters so i could only put the numbers i was given with no room to even seperate them or write down "pre payment" or "cust. no." but to cause even more confusion there was a small print under the note saying "only available for urgent transfers" which cost an extra €25 (!) goddamn its gay...and also there was no place to write down the bank address.. i hope it all is evident from the BIC and IBAN codes tho

annoying thing was tho i got home and went onto AIB online banking and it can be done really easily there and you can put much longer notes and theres a bank address too.. but i haven't gotten my code card yet coz i only just signed up for online banking.. o well im sure it'll work out

anyway its very mbleh and i wont be happy til i ave my esp resting nicely in my hands

Pfft, ESP stock guitars :rolleyes: ;)

What one did you get?

well its a bass and also i didn't want to spend alot of money so i went for this one http://www.thomann.de/thoiw6_artikel-170168.html

i'll post up a few pics when i get it

Nice instruments alright.

Advertisement