Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Charges

Options
  • 31-07-2014 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Has anyone heard the cost of the water for your home after being announced and whats your views on it, 5 cent every time you flush the toilet its a bit steep no? I can't post a link but but there is highlights on the Irish times on-line

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Has anyone heard the cost of the water for your home after being announced and whats your views on it, 5 cent every time you flush the toilet its a bit steep no? I can't post a link but but there is highlights on the Irish times on-line

You should try bore a well buy and fit a pump and a sewage system pay for the electricity and maintenance of them, it would seem cheap after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

wellboytoo wrote: »
    You should try bore a well buy and fit a pump and a sewage system pay for the electricity and maintenance of them, it would seem cheap after a while.

And most likely a filter as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

If I could thank your post twice I would!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

5 cent every time you flush the toilet
    ~5c for the big thing (10L)
    ~1.5c for the yellow stuff (3L)

You could flush as you wash:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Some more figures here might scare you even more.

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/water-charges-some-more-meaningful-figures.html

"Toilet Flush – 3 people flushing just 4 times each a day - will cost €170 a year"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Expensive but the best thing I have seen in a while is the REGULATOR not knowing if the price per 1,000 litres was plus VAT or not. This happened on Today FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

mozattack wrote: »
    Expensive but the best thing I have seen in a while is the REGULATOR not knowing if the price per 1,000 litres was plus VAT or not. This happened on Today FM.

Apparently VAT is not added for water supply - but still not clear if it will be added for wastewater.

Companies are NOT charged VAT on water/wastewater.

Ogham wrote: »
    "Toilet Flush – 3 people flushing just 4 times each a day - will cost €170 a year"
    Say it's a 3L flush:
    3 ppl * 3L * 4 times * 365 days * €4.88/1000L = €64.12

5L flush:
    3 ppl * 5L * 4 times * 365 days * €4.88/1000L = €106.87

What if the flush was 8L?
    3ppl * 8L * 4 times * 365 days * €4.88/1000L = €170.99

How to get your old flush to use less water?
    Put in a water filled 3L milk bottle to reduce the tank capacity.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

beazee wrote: »
    How to get your old flush to use less water?
    Put in a water filled 3L milk bottle to reduce the tank capacity.

or without wasting 3l of water, use a brick ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

The problem with arguing about getting a well sunk is, even if someone has the money to get a get a well sunk, you need a very big back garden entrance to allow machinery/equipment onto ones property in order to get a well drilled and sunk, (Source) well drilling company in the county I rang up last winter to make enquiries regarding cost/price said unless the domestic property has a very big back garden entrance they won,t be able to bring the machinery/equipment onto the property to drill a well.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭hairway2Steven

time to start pissing in the sink, cheaper ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Money spinner:D

[IMG][/img]icebucket_zps6d6c2ee9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

i pay 1800 a year for tv and internet....and that's excluding the tv licence fee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

i pay 1800 a year for tv and internet....and that's excluding the tv licence fee!!

I doubt the water charges will affect that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Twitter :
    Former Waterford County Manager Ray O'Dwyer retired on a package of €334,000 and pension of €63,000 a year. Now Senior Manager IW

just sayin'

Advertisement