Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new pink floyd album? concerts?

Options
  • 30-07-2014 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

m a big pink floyd fan and was lucky to see roger waters last year in the aviva and i thought is that the last concert roger or even david will do ? also i heard the david is releasing an album the endless river is that true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thekingatc1

its a shame there not doing a tour for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Aye, I could see it being sold out in seconds but ego's are likely to keep it from ever happening.

-Funk

in my opinion they should in memory of rick wright since hes work is envolved in the album

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭justmyself

its a shame there not doing a tour for it :(

Is that a definite ?

• Advertisement

if you scroll up abit a guy named funk-you posted a link go on the link and have a read man, but even though it says there will be no tour ,you never know for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bump... I've been listening to Endless River and it lives up to its title. One of the most boring albums I've heard in a long time (and I'm a big PF fan).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

I disagree. I was very pleasantly surprised, and have listened to it a good few times so far. After the horrendous Gilmore solo (what was it called, something with an Island?) I didn't have high expectations at all, and this was far better than I hoped. It's easy listening alright, but really well made and ambient and moody. It's not dark side of the moon, but it has really nice pink floyd feel to it, and it's a lot more timeless and listenable than a lot of their older albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Well, they don't call On An Island "In an Elevator" for nothing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The chances of a Pink Floyd tour are practically zero, according to David Gilmour, he says that there is no room in his life for Pink Floyd.

Rolling Stone interview.

David Gilmour, "There's no room in my life for Pink Floyd"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Not surprised to read this. I think it's a minor miracle a new album appeared. I'd love to have seen them play live even with their 1990s Roger-less lineup but going on stage with one extra man down is a step too far. At that stage you're getting into karaoke territory.

Advertisement