Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tax on inherited livestock and cash

• 24-07-2014 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I hope you can assist me with a query. I recently inherited some livestock, a car and a little cash from an aunt. The amounts involved are small and the entire will isn’t going to probate. The Single Farm Payment for 2014 is also being paid to the estate, which I will get. I am looking after the funeral expenses of the deceased.

As a guideline, what taxes am I liable for in this situation, for example when I sell the livestock or car or when I receive the single farm payment. As I am covering the funeral costs, can I offset this in some way? I am a PAYE employee and will get an accountaint when it comes to making the return but would like to be aware of how much I may need to pay. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

You will have to pay 33% of the net inheritance (after funeral costs) that is outside the cat threshold.

As your aunt is a group b relationship the threshold is 30,150.

This threshold is cumulative and counts all gifts or inheritances from group b relations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Irish Grave Markers

oakshade wrote: »
    Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

If you go to citizeninformation.ie.the have excellent advice on all after death matters

Advertisement