Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Radiohead Album/Song?

Options
  • 30-05-2010 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I recently started to listen to Radiohead again, after many years apart. I really like their music and was trying to figure out what their greatest album/song was, if possible to pick one. I like Ok Computer, it has some really good songs--Paranoid Android, Karma Police. Let down is my favourite, its often overlooked for reasons unknown. Kid A is also a favourite, it appeals to my electro-side. What do the people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Swirls

My favourite album has got to be The Bends. I really like In Rainbows though. And the first album. Actually, I like all of them!

It's harder to choose a favourite song. High and Dry still makes me excited when I hear the intro. How to Disappear, There There, All I Need, I Can't, old recordings of Nude and True Love Waits, Videotape, Talk Show Host, Spinning Plates, Lucky, Thinking About You, Weird Fishes, Fake Plastic Trees... so many great songs. I agree with you Cobra Kai, Let Down is an underrated song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Cobra Kai

I can't find The Bends, and I don't have it in my itunes library. I knew I was missing something! Yeah, great album! In rainbows is good, the reckoner stands out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭mcbobbyb

no chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Just- The Bends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 xstatick

I love In Rainbows, it's my favourite Radiohead album. It's really beautiful.

The National Anthem is my favourite song, even if I think Kid A is a kind of overrated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gavitron22

i'm not a huge fan of the bends, i like the popular songs from it, but there is a lot of cookie cutter stuff that really doesn't appeal to me. as for song, imposible to say i think, just have too much good songs, sign of a brilliant band!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭romperstomper

love them all but bodysnatchers is the one i keep coming back to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭palethinboy

I’ve always kinda liked Radiohead but recently I’ve been getting into them a lot more, I honestly think that In Rainbows is there best yet, every album so far I have liked more than the last, Hail to the Thief is a beauty, but In Rainbows just scrapes it, mainly because I think it is just the right length & plays wonderfully right through, Hail to the Thief might be a little too long…just a little.

Anyway, couldn’t pick a favorite song……too many, for today it’s be The National Anthem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Album - "Kid A"

Song - "Where I end and you begin"

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭rocky raccoon

xstatick wrote: »
    I love In Rainbows, it's my favourite Radiohead album.

i agree. imo in rainbows is nearly as good as ok computer and the bends

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

My favourites in order of preference:

1. Ok Computer (a masterpiece IMO)
    2. In Rainbows
    3. Kid A
    4. The Bends
    5. Amnesiac
    6. Hail to the theif
    7. Pablo Honey

There is no way I could pick a favourite song, even a favourite song on each album would be hard but I just love weird fishes at the moment. A beautiful song.

Feckin great band :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Back in the day The Bends was an unbelievable album- still is great. Comparing it to the Bends, I was disappointed with OK Computer when it first came out.
    I don't think there is a bad track on the Bends (maybe 2 weaker than the rest).
    My overall favourite songs would be You, Street Spirit, Killer Cars, Paranoid Android.

In Rainbows
    Jigsaw falling into place..

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭stepinnman

I still reckon 'The Bends' is there best album but for best song I absolutely love 'Motion Picture Soundtrack' on Kid A..I can't think of a more haunting, evocative, sad song...it's what they do best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ConnectDJs

In Rainbows. They have somehow managed to keep their sound fresh which is rare with established acts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 JennyOB

Its gotta be OK Computer, this album is stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sherrybobbins

Didn't think The Bends and OK Computer could be bettered but In Rainbows is amazing. 'Reckoner' is my favourite. How do they keep doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 thered

My favourite album has got to be The Bends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bill2673

Pablo Honey my favourite of their's, then the Bends. Don't like any of their other stuff - the other albums take risks, avanta garde, new directions, reinventions blah de blah......I like good tunes. pablo Honey, The Bends. (Being honest though, havent heard the last few albums).

Fave song: Stop Whispering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Album: OK Computer

Song: Idioteque

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jonnyone

AirBag
    Scary lyrics if you listen carefully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

That's like asking to pick your favourite child.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dvincible

Hail to the Thief is my favourite album. Never get tired of it; my top song is 2+2=5.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ederkeh

In Rainbows album is amazing.
    Song would be Idiotheque

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mimesedit

In rainbows and all hail to the thief are my favorites

As for songs, this is just magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9IODJdi3GA

Killer bass, great lyrics, love the glockenspiel and the transition in 1 bar with the piano is amazing.

From 3.12 to 3.22 is just brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 technogoblin

Album: Amnesiac

Song: Street Spirit (Fade Out)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Never got into Pablo Honey. The Bends and OK Computer are my favorites with The Bends slightly ahead. Black Star ****ing OWNS.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Album; The bends

Song: Well rather a rare one off Ok computer but my favourite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Although I love all their albums, OK Computer really blew me away. The Bends has some great music, but also some awful music, and isn't as rewarding after several listens (while OK Computer still improves each time I hear it).

I can never pick my favourite Radiohead song, but at the moment it's either Let Down or Fake Plastic Trees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The Bends for def, high and dry was the song that got me interested in Radiohead in the first place.

Advertisement