Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Appeals

Options
  • 29-09-2015 11:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18

I myself have appealed 2 results and hopefully will give me my spot in my course. was wondering when these results are out. was also be interested in hearing how successful others were in there appeals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 marcfitzy97

Hey, I've applealed 3 myself :) I asked my career guidance teacher and she said they're out in mid October. I read up on the appeals last year and 18% of grades went up so there's big hope for us getting at least one grade improved. I'm actually off my course by 10 points and I'm repeating so I need these points otherwise it's gonna be another long year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Snazzy15

Same here 10 points short and repeating atm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's usually mid-October. I think Wednesday 14th October was touted here as a most likely date for them this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I really doubt it would be ignored. An extraordinary thing for anyone to do, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 uzir

spurious wrote: »
    I really doubt it would be ignored. An extraordinary thing for anyone to do, in fairness.

This does in fact happen every year but in small numbers about 1% of students I know of.
    If the rechecking examiner suspects it what would the most likely punishment be? Someone asked me regarding this but I hadn't a clue.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eoin12345

The appeals are out at 12 on the 7th of October (sorry that I haven't sent you pictures of the mind maps yet... I can't seem to find them anywhere but I'll try again this weekend!)

eoin12345 wrote: »
    The appeals are out at 12 on the 7th of October (sorry that I haven't sent you pictures of the mind maps yet... I can't seem to find them anywhere but I'll try again this weekend!)

I read it on a website that it's on Tuesday the 6th?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eoin12345

uzir wrote: »
    I read it on a website that it's on Tuesday the 6th?

Well the source that says 12 on the 7th is the state examinations commission, so its the 7th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Snazzy15

eoin12345 wrote: »
    Well the source that says 12 on the 7th is the state examinations commission, so its the 7th.

How does the result process take place. Will I get a result Aheet again or do I view result online. Can you also view the marking of the appealed subject

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Snazzy15 wrote: »
    How does the result process take place. Will I get a result Aheet again or do I view result online. Can you also view the marking of the appealed subject

I presume you can login online at 12 like you could in August. I know that the appeals results also go to the school as I have checked for results whenever I had students that appealed.

They are done as a similar cert to the one you got in August, and the subject(s) will be listed on it with the original grade and no change beside it or the new grade with upgrade or downgrade beside it.

If you want to view your script you have to go to Athlone to do it at this stage.

• Advertisement

I presume you can login online at 12 like you could in August. I know that the appeals results also go to the school as I have checked for results whenever I had students that appealed.

They are done as a similar cert to the one you got in August, and the subject(s) will be listed on it with the original grade and no change beside it or the new grade with upgrade or downgrade beside it.

If you want to view your script you have to go to Athlone to do it at this stage.

Can grades upgrade by 2 grades I.e from B3 to B1.?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

uzir wrote: »
    Can grades upgrade by 2 grades I.e from B3 to B1.?

yes, i've seen it happen from time to time. But the vast majority that get upgraded are by one grade only.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Broseph

Are the rechecks available on examinations.ie today? I can't find them anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

Broseph wrote:
    Are the rechecks available on examinations.ie today? I can't find them anywhere!

It seems to be on the home page ad a little link, although I'm not sure where my pin is so I can't check mine yet

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

My son appealed his higher level geography paper he got a D1 in the leaving, A letter arrived this morning from CAO, he was offered his first choice which he didn't get first time round, he went from a D1 to a C2 , he was delighted with the upgrade but he will not be taken the place as he is very happy with his other college choice.
    Forgot to ask would his certificate be reissued/amended

My son appealed his higher level geography paper he got a D1 in the leaving, A letter arrived this morning from CAO, he was offered his first choice which he didn't get first time round, he went from a D1 to a C2 , he was delighted with the upgrade but he will not be taken the place as he is very happy with his other college choice.
    Forgot to ask would his certificate be reissued/amended

Yes, it will show the 'new' grade, though what he has at the moment is only the 'Provisional statement of results'. It can take over a year for the actual official certificate to be issued.

Advertisement