Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not happy repeating leaving cert

• 28-09-2015 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've decided to repeat my leaving cert this year because I was 10 points off my course in UCC but I feel as though I've made the wrong choice because I've only become miserable. I'm purposely taking days off school because I cannot be bothered going in. I want to continue repeating at home but I'm worried about the geography project and I only got a D1 in French. The points I got last year was 425 so I can get a very decent course if I just work this year and reapply next year for the CAO, do ye have any advice for me in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭pleindespoir

I'm repeating 6th year because I missed my LC. I can feel you because to be honest, I am bored to death in most subjects, and even maths, considering that my teacher before was much fast paced than the present. I think my only motivation is that I know I cannot at all study on my own. All I do is munch and sleep if I don't go to school. If you know you're disciplined enough to do everything by yourself then do it.
    Maybe try having a schedule for a week or so and then see if you'd actually follow it. As for French, you can always study for it, I just don't know about the social problems or issue essays. It's very topical. As for the geography project, will you not just ask if you can come in for it then work your way? Have you talked to you guidance counsellor? She would be absolutely able to help you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

To be honest if you're already feeling like this a month in, I'd consider reevaluating your decision to repeat. If you can't find motivation to study in the course you say you missed by 10 points, ask yourself does it really mean THAT much to you? If not, that's not necessarily a bad thing. You're better off realising it early on in the year than continuing on half-heartedly and dropping out in February when you could have down something constructive with your time. Like you said, you have a decent leaving cert already. It may not have been quite what you wanted but you still have enough points for hundreds of courses. I'd be extremely cautious about trying to repeat from home. Repeating from home is not going to be of any more benefit to you than at school where you'll be in a working environment with other motivated students. If you're going to do it, do it right and fully commit to the programme. I think you just need to decide if repeating is really for you because it's definitely not for everyone. If you do decide to drop out you could do other things with your time that you wouldn't have otherwise had the opportunity to do such as getting a job, focusing on your hobbies, volunteering, learning other skills etc.

Advertisement