Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old syllabus Text and Tests (honors level)

Options
  • 28-09-2015 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Apologies if a thread on this subject has appeared before. Looking for an copy of Text and Tests 5, that covered the old syllabus of Higher Level Mathematics. That is 1993 and before.

Anyone know where I might get a copy? Emailed the Celtic Press, and never got a response.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Second hand bookshops, though they may have dumped them since the new syllabus. Older teachers may still have them. Might be worth a post in adverts wanted section.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LazyPianist

Aye, that's a good idea (about Adverts.ie).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

That's the second-last syllabus at this stage, so you'd be doing well.

Is there a particular topic from the pre-94 syllabus that you're interested in? Or are you looking for this for sentimental reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LazyPianist

That's the second-last syllabus at this stage, so you'd be doing well.

Is there a particular topic from the pre-94 syllabus that you're interested in? Or are you looking for this for sentimental reasons?

Partly sentimental, partly academic.

Seems almost impossible to get. There's one advert on adverts.ie from a few years ago selling the copy I'm looking for, but the offer has been withdrawn. The book itself had a light green cover.

I think the topics were largely the same for a few years after the syllabus changed in 1993 (Probability, Integration, Vectors etc.) but they removed a lot of the good stuff like coefficients of cubic equations etc. That is, it was slightly dumbed down. Apparently that process has continued unimpeded!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's the sort of thing is probably in many boxes in many attics.

Like 'Rechursa Gramadai' (an old HL Irish grammar book), it can seem impossible to find and then you'll find two at once, as happened me the other week.

I'd stick up a wanted ad on adverts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement