Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISNE

Options
  • 04-10-2008 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭

Did anybody attend the Irish Society of New Economist's yesterday?

Lots of interesting presentations, especially Brian O'Boyle's critique of neo-classical theory. I also really liked Marco Marinucci's joint venture model.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Al_Fernz wrote: »
    Did anybody attend the Irish Society of New Economist's yesterday?

Lots of interesting presentations, especially Brian O'Boyle's critique of neo-classical theory. I also really liked Marco Marinucci's joint venture model.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Didn't go as i'm up in Dublin now, would have liked to though. I was lucky enough to have had Brian O Boyle for a module 'Comparative Economic Thought' before, was easily the best economics course I've ever taken. He spent a good while on neo-classical so i'm guessing it was similar. Fascinating stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Al_Fernz

Didn't go as i'm up in Dublin now, would have liked to though. I was lucky enough to have had Brian O Boyle for a module 'Comparative Economic Thought' before, was easily the best economics course I've ever taken. He spent a good while on neo-classical so i'm guessing it was similar. Fascinating stuff.

His section was only scheduled for 20 minutes, but it easily went on for 40 minutes to an hour. Even then, Stephen Kinsella who was chairing had to call a halt to the questions/debate.

Advertisement