Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FASTWAY COURIERS FAIL.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Fastway have delivered to me in the past. In fact, I know when the drivers are due and make sure either I'm here to greet them, or tip my neighbour off to keep an eye out for me.

Driver knows me by name. A couple of times, I've raced home to meet him only to see him coming down the hill, yelling he's left the parcel next door! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Fastway (like a lot of couriers) really depends on the local courier. My one will always attempt delivery and ring to ask me if I want it left anywhere. Now, when one is due for delivery and I'm out I'll text the driver and tell him to leave it in the green bin. Find Fastway brilliant and Fedex awful for my home address. For the office, Fedex are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I stopped dealing with Nespresso and Littlewoods because of Fastway Couriers. Between throwing parcels of coffee pods over the wall to climbing over a 6foot wall and putting parcels into sheds in my back garden and signing MY name on the delivery docket.. Am still waiting for customer services to call me back,months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

There are good couriers and bad couriers, same goes for the actual drivers. We as customers enable the bad ones to get away with it by not complaining properly.
    If a courier just left a package on my doorstep or threw it over a garden gate and signed my name on the package I would simply tell the company that I bought the product off that I never received the goods.

It's not acceptable to leave product that you will subsequently eat or drink outside where dogs, cats or vermin have access to it.

A bit of give and take is necessary but they are obliged and contracted to deliver the product to the address stated, not the local shop, not your neighbour and not your back garden.

If the company you purchase from get enough complaints they will change to a courier that does the job properly.

Shelflife wrote: »
    There are good couriers and bad couriers, same goes for the actual drivers. We as customers enable the bad ones to get away with it by not complaining properly.
    If a courier just left a package on my doorstep or threw it over a garden gate and signed my name on the package I would simply tell the company that I bought the product off that I never received the goods.

It's not acceptable to leave product that you will subsequently eat or drink outside where dogs, cats or vermin have access to it.

A bit of give and take is necessary but they are obliged and contracted to deliver the product to the address stated, not the local shop, not your neighbour and not your back garden.

If the company you purchase from get enough complaints they will change to a courier that does the job properly.

Got a pain in my arse reporting it, both to the courier company and the senders. Couriers didn't seen to take 3 complaints seriously and no call back. As for saying the package never arrived, I thought about that but that's unethical and the driver just gets away with bad practice. Easiest thing to do was close the two accounts and explain why.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

I just found this thread - got a delivery today (100 euro tablet) from Amazon Germany that went from UPS i-parcel to Fastway.

I was tracking it today while I was at work, planning to collect it from their depot this evening like I always do with DHL, An Post, Nightline etc. But around 1pm I saw:

"Authority to leave. Authority to Leave - Your parcel has been delivered. According to your instructions a signature is not required."

I assumed he had left it with a neighbour (not uncommon for a parcel that does not require a signature).

However, tonight at 6pm my girlfriend comes home and find the parcel just dumped on the floormat in front of our apartment, where anyone could steal it. He did not bother trying to call me or left a 'you weren't there' note, apparently.

I'm definitely going to complain at Amazon and Fastway, this is totally ridiculous. A real company shouldn't use these numbnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Fastway are the worst couriers around. If I know that they're the couriers for a company (and they seem to be for more and more - I imagine that they're the cheapest), I just automatically send it to Parcel Motel. €3.95 is worth it, the stress of going and arguing with them about delivery of my parcels isn't worth it (they ALWAYS claim they knocked and I was out, even though if I see on a tracker it's out for delivery I'll sit in my kitchen next to the door to wait).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Ordered an expensive phone as a present from Carphone Warehouse, Fastway courier left it with a stranger in the same housing estate as us and said he left it "with her wan than minds retarded childer". Still no idea who this is, and it took two calls to the office to make him go back and get it. My partner got epic amounts of abuse at the door for being too lazy to get it himself and after my partner said he would report him, he threw a pen at him and then broke out front gate slamming it as he ran back to his van. Won't ever use the service again!

Yeah I had an issue with a courier and they basically said "not our problem" and gave me his personal number to "text him to sort it out". Like how are these morons even in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,899 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    Yeah I had an issue with a courier and they basically said "not our problem" and gave me his personal number to "text him to sort it out". Like how are these morons even in business.

Because they pay the drivers F all and are constantly replacing them with drivers earning even less.

People are always looking for the cheapest option and this is what it leads to as the only place that most companies can cut costs is pay, as everything else is going up. So the consumers looking for "free" delivery, the sellers are looking for discounts from the distributors, the distributors are looking for discounts from the courier companies who are forcing drivers to work at nearly a loss on most jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Del2005 wrote: »
    Because they pay the drivers F all and are constantly replacing them with drivers earning even less.

People are always looking for the cheapest option and this is what it leads to as the only place that most companies can cut costs is pay, as everything else is going up. So the consumers looking for "free" delivery, the sellers are looking for discounts from the distributors, the distributors are looking for discounts from the courier companies who are forcing drivers to work at nearly a loss on most jobs.

Mine was not free though, I paid Amazon 10 euro for delivery (it came from the UK despite ordering on amazon.de).

Strange enough for the free 'SuperSaver' delivery they use An Post which is way more reliable.

While I also hate companies ripping off their staff (and often forcing them to work as an 'independent' contractor to cheat them out of their benefits), getting a low wage is no excuse for not doing your job properly. Just don't take the job then.

Mine was not free though, I paid Amazon 10 euro for delivery (it came from the UK despite ordering on amazon.de).

Strange enough for the free 'SuperSaver' delivery they use An Post which is way more reliable.

While I also hate companies ripping off their staff (and often forcing them to work as an 'independent' contractor to cheat them out of their benefits), getting a low wage is no excuse for not doing your job properly. Just don't take the job then.

Note that the reliable company is the one paying a decent wage to their employees!

Del2005 wrote: »
    Note that the reliable company is the one paying a decent wage to their employees!

I understand that, but why would somebody work a job that they're nearly making a loss on? If you choose to take the job then don't do it half assed.

I agree though, this is driven by consumers looking for 'free' delivery though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This must vary by location because Fastway are the line couriers I actually like. They cab find my house and arrive at a decent time of day. All the others struggle to find us, they say they called and nobody was home although we were here, and can take weeks to deliver.

But generally I feel we have ended up with the service we deserve because we have become obsessed with cheap or free delivery and buying from the cheapest suppliers.

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    I understand that, but why would somebody work a job that they're nearly making a loss on? If you choose to take the job then don't do it half assed.

I agree though, this is driven by consumers looking for 'free' delivery though.

Most where probably in it before it went to s**t and like taxi people now can't afford to get out, the companies cutting constantly cutting rates and other questionable actions doesn't help.

I'm not excusing the drivers but especially in this country it's nearly impossible to find an address, even in modern industrial estates never mind out towns and cities. They could be spending hours looking for an address, you'd be amazed at how many people can't give directions to their own home, and then are under pressure to get the rest of the parcels off.

I never couriered but I know a lot who did and when the money was good it was a tough job and now that the money is crap the driver isn't even making minimum wage a lot of the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

BnB wrote: »
    . We've never had a problem with them. Our local driver goes out of his way to accomodate us. We wouldn't dream of moving away from them. We're in Limerick

Have gotten occasional deliveries from them in Co. Limerick - no issues. Seems like YMMV given they are a franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fastway are a right farce here. Last delivery and the current one I'm waiting on have both been terribly handled. Status messages are straight lies. Three attempts to contact me logged, amazon never provided them my number....

I order a lot, and everyone has the odd mess up, had my first from an post in years recently, but fastway are consistently pathetic. Will be writing the retailler I just ordered from to complain, an post or I won't bother again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

My Fastway guy is top class. I'll ring him when I won't be around to sign for a parcel (he's generally in my area from 10-11 everyday and he'll hold off on the delivery until I'm home later in the day. Suits both of us perfectly.

I've never sent a parcel but after reading the above post I dont think I will either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

mogwai10 wrote: »
    For the second time this year i have had a parcel signed for by a complete stranger(Also with illegible handwriting),when delivered by FASTWAY Couriers,the driver can-t remember what house he dropped it in(Funny that)and of course none of my neighbours know anything about any parcels.Just wondering if anybody else has had the misfortune of dealing with these people?

When I order stuff if the shipper is Fastway I cancel

my friend wrote: »
    When I order stuff if the shipper is Fastway I cancel

Ditto. Even closed my A/C with ppl who use them for transport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Our local driver is excellent and they've provided me with signatures etc. when anything has gone missing but the company itself is the definition of a <SNIP>. You would have to be a <SNIP>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭DjembaDjemba

<SNIP>

Im located in the south east but have had two deliveries this week. The first one the delivery guy never rang to ask for my location on day of delivery. I rang the customer service, they gave me his phone num (surely they should ring) so I rang him multiple times over the course of two hours but he never picked up or rang back. He posted a note on tracking saying "could not find address" or something like that.

Delivered the next morning with no issues. Must have not bothered to deliver that day or something. Awful service.

Now today was even worse. Item to be delivered today, he rang me asking where was the address. He was about a 2 minute drive away. He said he would be there in a few minutes. Never showed up. I rang him about an hour later, he said he would be there later today and if I would be there to accept delivery. I confirmed I would. This was at about 2pm today. And he never showed up again. Rang him a few times but only get answering machines. Left voicemail, no reply.

Seriously, do these couriers just decide what to deliver and if they're even arsed to?

And whats even more annoying, is the delivery guy updated tracking to say "agreed with recipient to deliver at another time". No you didnt. I wanted it delivered today.

Im getting items delivered from amazon with this crowd, but will be on to amazon about this and also the customer service tomorrow.

Theres nothing more annoying in taking time out of your day to wait for a delivery and then he never shows up after saying he would. Whats even worse is that the item is an important delivery today as its a gift.

What else should I do about this? Should I report them as I remember also having issues with this crowd a few months back to, with getting deliveries in unmarked cars and items being left at the back of the house without saying so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Their contract is with the supplier, so direct your complaint there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Merged with other recent thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭DjembaDjemba

Just an update on my post above; the tracking status now says "Delivered
    The signature for this parcel has been captured on paper and unfortunately is not available to view on the web. If you require a POD, please contact your local depot."

Well, I received no delivery nor phone call, and neither did the neighbours. I was in my house at the time it was apparently delivered also. Something fishy going on here and now I have the pain of sorting this out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I have used fastway for years and have never had a single problem, i reckon it all depends who your driver is

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Fastway have some useless individual franchisers, but as a whole they've no structural/organisational issues that I've experienced - unlike some other courier firms, even ones without franchises!

Previous job we sent out 40-100 boxes a day with them and fairly rarely had problems - would have been sending nearly entirely to business addresses, or the homes of our own staff that'd get a lot sent to them. Only place that ever caused issues was the Aran Islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Just an update on my post above; the tracking status now says "Delivered
    The signature for this parcel has been captured on paper and unfortunately is not available to view on the web. If you require a POD, please contact your local depot."

Well, I received no delivery nor phone call, and neither did the neighbours. I was in my house at the time it was apparently delivered also. Something fishy going on here and now I have the pain of sorting this out tomorrow.
    Any luck in the end? Personally, I'd rock up to the "local depot" demanding answers, esp if it were a time-critical gift!

Advertisement