Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Tattoos Dublin

Options
  • 28-08-2014 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm looking to get a small quote tattoo and I want to know where would be the cheapest place in Dublin to get one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Cheapest would be a lad in your bedroom with dirty tools, circa 15 euro. More expensive would be lesser known studios like Pins n Needlez, who charge 50 an hour, or part thereof. Also wouldn't recommend, they majorly fcuked up mine.

Money should be the absolute last consideration for something that will be on your body forever. Check out Skin City, Hydraulix, Snakebite, Zulu, Wildkat, Colourworks, to name but a few places where you'll get a good job done. They charge in the region of 100 per hour, with a minimum charge of 80-ish

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Right, to speak in car terms, you can get yourself a Lada (basically some lad coming around to your house), a Ford (one of the lesser known studios), a BMW (one of the better studios in town) or a Rolls Royce (Remis or one of the other highly sought after international artists).

A Lada will cost you the cost of a few pints, a Ford maybe €50, a BMW maybe €80 and to a Rolls Royce a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lauramartin

P_1 wrote: »
    Right, to speak in car terms, you can get yourself a Lada (basically some lad coming around to your house), a Ford (one of the lesser known studios), a BMW (one of the better studios in town) or a Rolls Royce (Remis or one of the other highly sought after international artists).

A Lada will cost you the cost of a few pints, a Ford maybe €50, a BMW maybe €80 and to a Rolls Royce a bit more.

Looking for a Ford so. Amazing quality isn't a major factor for me I just want somewhere clean and on the cheaper end. I'm shaving half my head for the tattoo then growing my hair back out so it'll never be seen. It's a very personal tattoo and not one to be shown off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I would imagine the higher standard the artist the less likely they would be to tattoo your head unless the know you. I'm guessing its the type that is most likely to mess it up who will agree to do it for you.

The Dublin tattoo convention is next month, you could go and have a look at the work of the artists there, pick out someone whos work you like and discuss your idea with them maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

As has been mentioned. Price shouldn't be a factor. If you want a tattoo, pay for it to be done properly.

If you can't afford it, don't get it.

• Advertisement

With all due respect, if you care so little that you're willing to get a bad quality tattoo done just because it's cheap, I'd imagine that you shouldn't be getting tattooed at all. It's goin to be on your body for life, iit's not something you cheap out on.

With regards to placement, I'd imagine you'll find it very difficult to get an artist willing to tattoo your head, if you haven't been tattooed before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Enjoy looking at your woeful tattoo for the rest of your life.

Because that exactly what your going to get if your looking for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Jaysus! Eh well good luck with that so...

To be frank, I'm not too sure how the folks in one of the 'Ford' studios would manage that. With no disrespect intended towards the artists who work in those studios there's a reason why they are working in them and not in a 'BMW' type studio and I'd imagine that tattooing the skull might test their skill levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Looking for a Ford so. Amazing quality isn't a major factor for me I just want somewhere clean and on the cheaper end. I'm shaving half my head for the tattoo then growing my hair back out so it'll never be seen. It's a very personal tattoo and not one to be shown off

Better hope ya never go bald.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lauramartin

With all due respect, if you care so little that you're willing to get a bad quality tattoo done just because it's cheap, I'd imagine that you shouldn't be getting tattooed at all. It's goin to be on your body for life, iit's not something you cheap out on.

With regards to placement, I'd imagine you'll find it very difficult to get an artist willing to tattoo your head, if you haven't been tattooed before.

I'm not looking for really cheap I'm looking in the region of 40-70 for a relatively small tattoo. I have tattoos already so that's no problem.

• Advertisement

I'm not looking for really cheap I'm looking in the region of 40-70 for a relatively small tattoo. I have tattoos already so that's no problem.

40 is really cheap.

If you have tattoos already, surely you should know that quality is important?

If the tattoo means that much to you, it can wait until you have enough money to get a proper job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

When I did the side of my head, I went to Big Sleeps and spent a fortune. Do you know why? It's the side of my goddamn head.

Permanently changing your appearance by opening the flesh, on haircut money, is a mugs game.

Advertisement