Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMA Know-how Pregnancy & Baby Fair

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

You can get 2 free tickets if you register through the SMA Mummypages site:

http://www.mummypages.ie/sma

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Is it any good? I have a ticket but debating if I will go or not. I have everything I need already.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

Hi Counting Crows
    I won a pair of tickets to this yesterday (not on the SMA site!) I'm not pregnant & my pregnant sister can't go, so you're welcome to them!
    PM me & I'll send you my ticket info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Thanks for your generous offer shortie but my wife signed up at lunch and got us tickets. Hoping for some uppababy discounts!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 coopdloop

Hi Counting Crows
    I won a pair of tickets to this yesterday (not on the SMA site!) I'm not pregnant & my pregnant sister can't go, so you're welcome to them!

Shortie have you still got those tickets by any chance? Would love to go this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Hi Counting Crows

I'd love these if the person first in line doesnt take them for whatever reason. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

I'd also like to get free tickets if anyone have them and don't want to go.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Has anyone been before ?? Is it any good for offers etc??Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I was at the one in April, I got my Phil and Teds Navigator buggy plus double kit plus rain cover for the price of a single buggy.

I also got discounted MAM bottles and breast pump, and a few other small bits. I think it's well worth it if you are looking for savings or bundle offers on big ticket items. The likes of Bella Baby took a deposit on the day, allowing you to pay the rest before delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

coopdloop wrote: »
    Shortie have you still got those tickets by any chance? Would love to go this weekend

Sorry coopdloop! Some one PM'd me & I've given them away.

Is the mummypages tickets offer finished?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 HappyDays!

anyone have spare tickets to SMA baby fair ?
    Would love one or two if you dont want to go
    xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

How was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Thought it was pretty bad- went yesterday after lunchtime. 6 euro parking seemed mad to start! First stall was mothercare who had some great deals on cosatto (ended up getting one for 170 cheaper than shop)

Tony keally and bells baby were there- neither had any deals on buggies and not enough staff- was waiting ages to find out prices! Some deals on bumper sets etc but I was hoping to see a lot more of this type of thing.

Happy I went but all in all thought it could have been so much better- they might charge too much for exibitiors?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

I didnt think It was great either. now we had our buggy/pram so didnt look at any but have heard deals are amazing. The cot/dresser we have picked out was the same price online as it was on offer but with bella baby. I wasnt blown away to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

We went in April and then at the weekend again. Definitely more choice in April. Few stall that were there in April didn't come this time. Baby zone.ie weren't there. Lady told me in April it was expensive enough for a stall and hoped it would pay off. We only went for bits of info as we have everything. Water wipes 12 for 20€ was a good deal so left with 2 boxes. All in all more April was better. Had free tickets both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Completely agree with the above, April was much better, had a lot more stalls. No fantastic offers yesterday, luckily had free tickets!! Seemed to be a lot of internet based exhibitors, rather than actual shops. Left empty handed in less than an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I was glad I went in the end ( got free tickets so wasn't too pressured to go) got to chat about some cloth nappies I'd never seen before, and bought some I knew from BabaMe stall. Also got a twins pink lining changing bag from them for 80. 10 euro cheaper than tony kealeys down the aisle.

I also got a discount voucher for baby first aid which I wanted to do but I think I can get better deal on the mothercare emails. There was also some nice vouchers for baby gifts, I've a lot of pregnant friends due in the new year so they will come in handy.

We also got free parking! When we arrived we only had 4.50 on us, so guy said to pay on the way out. There was no one at the gate on the way out!

It was quiet enough at 11 on the Sunday so kind of more relaxed but by 1 I was annoyed with the crowds so we left

All in all I think if we'd paid I wouldnt have been too impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HappyDays!

Got free tickets at the end thanks to some lovely exhibitors. Lucky I didnt pay for them as the show wasn't great! I have been on April one few times before and they were much better. I got car seat from TK...have to bargain for better price but still happy as I was looking for BeSafe rear facing 2nd stage and they are hard to get.
    By accident I find out that organizers are charging goods of 200Euro +Vat (per m2 !!!!) for some of the smaller stands! Now you could see why they are so little bargains.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Can anyone remember the name of the little stall that had the children's shoes on it? She gave me her card, but I have misplaced it.

Advertisement