Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safety on Investigations

Options
  • 18-08-2014 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

In the Wicklow Gaol thread. I stated Id be bringing my newly acquired ultra violet flashlight for testing. I understand that from a health and safety point of view that one: should use it sparingly as too much exposure to U V is not good for ones health and in particular not to point the UV light in your fellow investigators face. Can anyone tell HOW bad UV can be for you? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

apparently no ill health issues with UV leds.
    The simple truth concerning UV LEDs is that there are not currently any outstanding claims of health issues regarding their use. The Environmental Protection Agency has stated that the lights are more efficient than even fluorescent bulbs, and LEDs eliminate many of the dangers associated with fluorescent bulbs. On the other hand, UV LEDs do present some visual problems that may not be harmful, but are often uncomfortable until your eyes have adjusted.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/list_6296731_uv-led-dangers.html

http://www.ehow.com/list_6296731_uv-led-dangers.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

Thanks for that. I thought It was not the 'May West' for you. Obviously not.

maccored wrote: »
    apparently no ill health issues with UV leds.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6296731_uv-led-dangers.html

Just got time to read that article, thanks. I dont remember where I saw that some said it was bad for ya. It seems like it it clear cut that it is ok.....

i'd say bare bulb uv wouldnt be good for you

Not2Good wrote: »
    In the Wicklow Gaol thread. I stated Id be bringing my newly acquired ultra violet flashlight for testing. I understand that from a health and safety point of view that one: should use it sparingly as too much exposure to U V is not good for ones health and in particular not to point the UV light in your fellow investigators face. Can anyone tell HOW bad UV can be for you? Thanks

If you lob a torch at somebody's face you might damage them, but the torch is normally used for getting around other then that your ok.

• Advertisement

I guess common sense on investigations is the best policy while on a public or private investigations. You'd think that would go without saying but Id say every team can tell you a story of utter stupidity that they have experienced at some time or another....

common sense overall is a good idea in all aspects. Paranormal research is common sense and not science afterall.

Advertisement