Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union loans

Options
  • 16-06-2014 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've been a member of the CU around the last 3 and a half months. I was in the process of saving for and getting a loan for a car. In the process of this I seen an absolute bargain for 750 euro which I had as savings so cleaned out account and bought car - no loan needed.
    Now I am saving for holidays 300 every 2 wks(because thats when I get paid) and hoping to get a loan for about 2,500 for holidays and a few small things. The only thing is I need that in about another 6 weeks. I currently have paid just 300.

What do you think my chances are of getting this loan?? I will have saved 1,200 by this time but would have been only saving consistently for about 8 weeks.

Comments

You are fairly new to the CU. Looks like you just opened the account to get a loan, and that's ok. They want to give new loans
    You just need to do some convincing about your ability to manage income and expenses.
    It's 50/50 I'm afraid and will be swayed based on your job, your attitude, your CU, your bank statement, and anything else you can add in your favour

Advertisement