Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City vs Man Utd 8:00PM Monday SS1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

a lot of confusion here anyone got an official team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

Welbeck is on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Draw
    Still trying to get my head around the selection. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

jambofc wrote: »

my team is right. i typed as the bad news announcer was giving the team

ha no it wasnt. no evans, wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Giggs?! Park?! Mother of fcuking Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jones, Park and Giggs? Congrats on the title, City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Draw
    De Gea - Jones, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evra - Carrick, Scholes - Nani, Giggs, Park - Rooney

This appears to be the lineup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Man United

De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Nani, Giggs, Park, Rooney

No Valencia is disgraceful imo

Draw

Blatters is right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

BBC: Manchester United make four changes, with Ryan Giggs, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and Park Ji-sung all coming in. Surprisingly, Antonio Valencia is on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sky Confirm

De Gea Jones Smalling Rio Evra Carrick Scholes Park Nani Rooney Giggs

Not happy that Giggs is starting

Looks like Utd are going for the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I've got faith in Fergie. Maybe Park has something magical up his sleeve... heres hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

If Park plays badly I hope he ****s off.

If he wins the game for use, I'LL NEVER MOAN ABOUT HIM AGAIN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Alex Ferguson has controversially dropped talismanic referee Howard Webb from Man Utd’s starting 12 for the crucial Premier League clash with Man City, and will instead hand a start to Andre Marriner.
    Early reports indicated that crowd favourite Webb would line up for the league leaders, but news has now surfaced that Ferguson is to take a gamble on Marriner.
    Marriner, who has only made 3 starts for Man Utd this season, is a surprise selection by Ferguson, given Webb’s ability to pull highly contentious decisions out of the bag in big matches.
    “Webby has put in some great performances for us in the past, but I feel the expectation levels of supporters could be too much for him on this occasion,” revealed Ferguson.
    “I might put him on the bench as an impact referee in case we need one of their players sending off or a penalty deep into stoppage time.”
    The news of Marriner’s inclusion has left United fans miffed given Ferguson’s criticism of his performance in a 2-0 defeat to Liverpool in 2009.
    “It doesn’t make any sense not to include Webbo,” said avid fan John Henderson, who has lived in Plymouth all his life and whose only connection with Manchester is that he once voted for Bez when he was on Celebrity Big Brother.
    “In games like this you want your best performers on the pitch, and Webbsio pulling the strings is as good as going into the game with a two-nil lead.”
    “I hope that Ferguson has seen something in Marriner in training that suggests he can rise to the occasion.”
    “If City have still got eleven men on the pitch at half-time then I’ll be singing Webbsyio’s name.”
    “I’ll be singing it at the TV, but rest assured that the wife will be left in no doubt about how angry I am.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Draw
    DE Gea Jones Rio Smalling Evra Park Carrick Scholes Giggs Nani Rooney CONFIRMED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Nani, Giggs, Park, Rooney

Thats some bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Draw
    Giggs better not play as **** as he did against wigan or else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Wasn't feeling particularily confident before the game, that line-up has just killed any ounce of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Lol, Fergie doesn't half troll us at times. If we lose tonight there'll be serious questions asked of that line up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Very defensive line-up there.

The only thing that could make that line up any more bizarre is Berbatov starting instead of Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Man United
    Feel worse now D:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭skinny90

monkey9 wrote: »
    Alex Ferguson has controversially dropped talismanic referee Howard Webb from Man Utd’s starting 12 for the crucial Premier League clash with Man City, and will instead hand a start to Andre Marriner.
    Early reports indicated that crowd favourite Webb would line up for the league leaders, but news has now surfaced that Ferguson is to take a gamble on Marriner.
    Marriner, who has only made 3 starts for Man Utd this season, is a surprise selection by Ferguson, given Webb’s ability to pull highly contentious decisions out of the bag in big matches.
    “Webby has put in some great performances for us in the past, but I feel the expectation levels of supporters could be too much for him on this occasion,” revealed Ferguson.
    “I might put him on the bench as an impact referee in case we need one of their players sending off or a penalty deep into stoppage time.”
    The news of Marriner’s inclusion has left United fans miffed given Ferguson’s criticism of his performance in a 2-0 defeat to Liverpool in 2009.
    “It doesn’t make any sense not to include Webbo,” said avid fan John Henderson, who has lived in Plymouth all his life and whose only connection with Manchester is that he once voted for Bez when he was on Celebrity Big Brother.
    “In games like this you want your best performers on the pitch, and Webbsio pulling the strings is as good as going into the game with a two-nil lead.”
    “I hope that Ferguson has seen something in Marriner in training that suggests he can rise to the occasion.”
    “If City have still got eleven men on the pitch at half-time then I’ll be singing Webbsyio’s name.”
    “I’ll be singing it at the TV, but rest assured that the wife will be left in no doubt about how angry I am.”
    your about a week too late for that one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Man United
    Looks like Utd are going for the draw.

In other news, a plane with one wing has fallen from the sky earlier today. It was never going to be any different. Ferguson was always going to have a draw on his mind..

ShaneU wrote: »
    Very defensivepoor line-up there.

Disgrace starting Park imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

My biggest issue with that lineup is Jones. But in general it's pretty crazy... the subs bench too: Berba, Wellbeck and Hernandez? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭skinny90

can't believe evans isnt playing...he deserves his place on the team...valencia no doubt will come on...hopefully it wont be too late

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Man United
    i fully expect Jones to be torn a new arsehole tonight .

Park to get the winner, United to win 2-1.

Draw
    Whatever about the inclusion of Park and Giggs, the omission of Valencia is just bizarre.

shocking team selection by saf,we had better win this if not there will be serious questions asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

United set up for the draw, doesn't surprise me at all tbh

skinny90 wrote: »
    can't believe evans isnt playing...he deserves his place on the team...valencia no doubt will come on...hopefully it wont be too late

Is he not injured?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Park is class in important games for united in my opinion. He'll score tonight for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Park is on the left to protect Evra, which is fair enough. Giggs and Jones I don't understand. Rafael is better on the right than Jones, in every way. Jones has crumbled under pressure this season. Giggs has been wasteful and sloppy on the field this year.

Valencia should be in for Nani, although Nani has gotten the better of Clichy in recent matches.

Smalling? Meh. He's cool on the ball, not so sure of his partnership with Rio Ferdinand.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Shocking lineup. I hope Smalling is at centre-back and Jones is at right-back.

Giggs and Park have no business starting.

shocking team selection by saf,we had better win this if not there will be serious questions asked.

We only need a point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Hmmmmm....yes....yes.....
    Now that Ive thoroughly evaluated the lineup
    wtf_is_this_dog-214.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

My Sky Player just stopped working, holy mother of ****ing god. Just that one channel too, all others working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭DenMan

As a neutral I'm really looking forward to this. Listening to 5live. Great build-up. I'll be bold and go with City 2 Utd 4. Wellbeck and Nani to do the biz once off the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Jones, Smalling, Giggs, Park and Nani have played very little football between them over the last couple of months.

On one hand match fitness (and ability in some cases!) is a worry but on the other hand, our team has been fairly sluggish for a while now so an injection of freshness might have been added.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Draw
    4-3 to city in fergie time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Obviously parking the bus tonight.

niallo24 wrote: »
    My Sky Player just stopped working, holy mother of ****ing god. Just that one channel too, all others working.

Mine too!! Better start working before kick off

DB21 wrote: »
    Obviously parking the bus tonight.

Heh, I see what you did there ;)

We only need a point.

can you see this team holding out for a point, similar teams by saf this season haven't.
    we are better when we have pace to break quickly only roo and nani in our attacking third have any pace tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Draw
    Valencia can track back and cover just like Park but hes around 100 times more effective when attacking, baffling decision

Advertisement