Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 5) 30/31 March 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

I'm hoping we can bring some of our away form back to United Park on friday. Derry in decent nick as well, hopefully it'll be a cracker. Should be goals an anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Must when for Cork even at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

We need a win against Bray on Friday really badly. It would be a nice kick start to the season. A draw or a loss could mean a season long struggle against relegation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

On paper, this is the best chance in a long time to batter Bohs. Which means a 0-0 draw then. :)

I can see a red card (or two) at Tallaght too.

Wonder how many they will bring, given their form and that it's on the box. Shels definitely brought the numbers last week, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Come on the Town! 5 from 5! Keep the 100% record going!

Thanks stovelid for doing this every week! Keep it up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Certainly more confident this week than last.

Shels v Pats has making of good game.

CSF wrote: »

Pretty tough run of games for you, in fairness.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

stovelid wrote: »

Wonder how many they will bring, given their form and that it's on the box. Shels definitely brought the numbers last week, fair play.
    7.05 KO doesn't help either.

Will tickets be available at the gate?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

7.05 KO doesn't help either.

Will tickets be available at the gate?

Away tickets? Don't think so. Best to check. I know youse were able to buy them at the gates last time but not sure for this game.

7pm kickoffs are stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Might head down to Dalymount Thursday to pick them up so, don't want to head out there only to find I can't get in -_-

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Shels v Pats should have been the live game imo, Thankfully Sligo v Derry will be on soon to break up the Shams monopoly on the live game.

Hopeful Sligo can take all 3 points v Dundalk, think it will be a tight enough game Dundalk coming off a win should be up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Shels-Pat's is 8pm k.o.

Another defeat on the cards with Deano out. :(

CSF wrote: »

Pretty tough run of games for you, in fairness.
    Won't worry about that too much, we will play them all 3 times eventually. The early fixture list is certainly doing us a turn in terms of getting the interest going and hopefully that can carry on for when we start playing some of the lower profile games like Cork.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Shels v Pats should have been the live game imo, Thankfully Sligo v Derry will be on soon to break up the Shams monopoly on the live game.

Hopeful Sligo can take all 3 points v Dundalk, think it will be a tight enough game Dundalk coming off a win should be up for it.
    Glad we aren't on tv this weekend. Save our rare tv appearances for away games when it won't be our gate receipts that suffer.

Thankfully Sligo v Derry will be on soon to break up the Shams monopoly on the live game. .

Yeah, the Bohs and Pats game last weekend was a televisual classic when compared to the paltry spectacle of a four-goal Dublin derby at Tallaght in front of 5200 people two nights before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Shams-Bohs is always going to be the live game and rightly so. Still the biggest derby in the league.

Our game being on TV will hurt our gate receipts, thankfully its Derry who tend to travel in good numbers regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Bit of a poser - thinking of taking the 7-year-old to the Rovers-Bohs game on Friday. I know it's quite some time since I read of any trouble between the fans, but do you think it'll be an ok environment?
    Oh, and I presume it would help to buy tickets in advance!

geeky wrote: »
    Bit of a poser - thinking of taking the 7-year-old to the Rovers-Bohs game on Friday. I know it's quite some time since I read of any trouble between the fans, but do you think it'll be an ok environment?

It's fine. Loads of families go to the West Stand every home game and the ground - and the league in general - is a perfectly safe place for families. .

It would help to get the tickets in advance, especially concession ones like kids which sell out quicker. The attendance was 5200 (ground holds 6000) last week and Bohs is a bigger rivalry. The game was delayed by 10 minutes last week because so many people showed up to buy tickets on the night so you be saving yourself a queue too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

2021... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A poor unfit Rovers side caused many shocks in their time. Bohs will try to match Rovers for effort and enthusiasm and get momentum from that, that has to be matched first and foremost and take advantage of the mistakes.

A poor Rovers side won 1-3 at Dalymount in 2005 with 10 men. Rovers won in the cup in 2006. An inferior on paper Rovers side won twice at Tallaght in 2009. 1-0 would be a great result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

That_Guy wrote: »
    2021... :pac:

Cork City IV will be the team name then

Friends of the friends of the friends of the rebelarmy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Link to buy tickets for Shels -v- Pats https://www.tickets.ie/event.aspx/tickets/Shelbourne-FC-v-St-Patricks-Athletic--Tolka-Park--30-March-2012/AEAAA
    Away tickets? Don't think so. Best to check. I know youse were able to buy them at the gates last time but not sure for this game.

7pm kickoffs are stupid.

I know away tickets were on sale for our match before kick off on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

geeky wrote: »

The Garda have a pretty good operation in and around the Stadium/ Square Shopping centre. The Luas could have a few half-wits on boards but other than that I havent seen any incidents since Rovers moved out to Tallaght. It's just not tolerated by a the good people who fought so hard for the club. They're a credit to themselves and domestic football.

Still f**king hate them tho....:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Yes, Tallaght Gardaí were on-the-ball for the LSC game alright compared to their inept Fitzgibbon St colleagues last season for the LSC game.

Mounted units and all, it would've been easy to let slide a lesser game on a Monday night with not many expected to attend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭shanec1928

are game is at 7.45 http://www.sligorovers.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Des wrote: »

In fairness, ye would know more about 'iv's' up around those those parts :D

Corholio wrote: »
    Des wrote: »

In fairness, ye would know more about 'iv's' up around those those parts :D
    You're joint bottom of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Despite Cork not being able to buy a win, I can see that changing this week. Brays defence is decimated between injury and suspension, so it'll mostly be midfielders on the pitch, out of position. If Bray manage to get a result, it'll be a good one for them.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Despite Cork not being able to buy a win, I can see that changing this week. Brays defence is decimated between injury and suspension, so it'll mostly be midfielders on the pitch, out of position. If Bray manage to get a result, it'll be a good one for them.

11 goals in 4 games is not great alright.

Still the more games City go without winning the tougher it gets and I cant see anything other then narrow win either way.

Advertisement