Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recipes you gotta try

Options
  • 29-08-2004 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

just thought it wouold be nice if people put up some of their own recipes or ones they know about that are definitely worth making...... :D

i got this soup recipe off the net, and i swear it is the nicest mushroom soup i have ever tasted, and it is so easy to make...i'm eating some of it right now......mmm

you need:
    8 ounces closed cup mushrooms
    1 medium onion
    knob of butter or sunflower/olive oil
    1 pint of chicken stock
    2 tablespoons of white flour
    1/4 pint of whole milk
    salt and pepper to taste

all ya gotsa to is:
    dice the onions....chop the mushies into small or big pieces (whatever you prefer).....fry onions in the butter or oil until golden brown....add mushies...fry till soft (gently).....add flour and mix around (dont let it burn)....add half the stock..let it simmer for a while...add some of the milk...keep adding the stock and milk alternately ....make sure that it mixes well together and let it simmer gently for a while ,say 20 to 25 mins...add salt and pepper to taste....

now i love this recipe its funky-crumbed banana and chicken breasts..had it in a restaurant in mayo and decided it was so nice that i had to try and make it myself
    (for one person)
    you need:
    1 large semi-frozen chicken breast
    1 small banana
    rice krispies
    oil
    chili powder (optional..i like my stuff spicy!!)

all ya gotsa do is:
    preheat oven to gas mark 7 (200 degrees? )
    first get a bowl of rice krispies and using a glass cup grind until its fine. (add the chili powder now if you want)...
    cut the breast in half and try to kind of make a hollow in the middle with a teaspoon by scooping out some flesh...(heh heh sounds gorey!)..get a nice banana thats not too over ripe-one thats firm....cut the knobbly bits from the ends of the banana..cut in half....put it in the middle of the chicken breast like a sandwich.(squash it gently if you need to, to keep it together.)cover this sandwich in oil and then roll in the rice krispies untill fully covered...put in an oiled casserole dish...stick into the middle of the oven....keep in there for about half an hour....untill the krispies turn brown..just make sure its well cooked..dont want to get salmonella ;) ....!..when ready take out and serve with basmati rice and curry sauce of your choice..(nice with a curry made with fruit)....

Advertisement