Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fancy keyboard any good?

Options
  • 04-07-2003 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭

The right cursor key is broken on an old machine I have, so I was going to buy a new keyboard for my own machine, and play musical keyboards until one ends up in the bin. I was planning on getting a bog standard keyboard, but does anyone use any of the more expensive ones? Are they any good? Do they respond significantly faster and do the extra buttons make working/playing games easier?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

if you want a seriously tasty keyboard go for an apple one, no extra bells & whistles, just superb build quality.
    the only drawback is the price:(

those microsoft multimedia keyboards are pretty sweet, the volume controls are fairly handy... i'd go for one of those if i was you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Maybe this : http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/product.php?view=3018

Its the mac one for a pc and has like a usb hub built in,

Tbh just get a keyboard that isn`t too clunky, the best KB i`ve used is a mix up between a MS Internet KB and a new Compaq Black Key and Grey back one.

More KB`s here : http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/product.php?subcat=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

maybe you shud hold on till thursday ,,aldi will be selling wireless keyboard with 10 programmable buttons also separate wireless mouse with 5button scrollbutton programable mode for 29euro,,brand name medion, nice looking keyboard ,,nice layout looks like ms mouse or if ur in dublin they have wireless trust.,brand. keybord,mouse in peats clearance sale 30euro,,but the 1 in aldi looks nicer more ergonomic design key layout ,extra buttons for internet search ,,home forwrd etc can be reassigned if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Ive never liked wireless myself. They can be a bit dodgy from time. Have a wireless Mouse and keyboard downstairs. Its about 5 feet fromt eh TV and it interferes with it. Gets very annoying.

Anywho, Im using a Logitech Internet navigator. Think it set me back €40, the volume and play controls are very handy and the response time is sweet. It might be worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you can beat a mac keyboard they last for years and the rock. there sleek looking have programmable buttons (afaik) but it's true the price is shonky 80 euros

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I got meh a "Typhoon Navigator Office XP" keyboard from, uhm, Lidl and it's pretty good. The Mediaplayer buttons are handy. I don't use the Office keys much though. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I've got the black wireless Logitech one with all the lovely extra buttons, multimedia buttons (stop play volume) and scroll wheel at the side. It's the business.

It being wireless has never been a problem so far, used it before to play GTA3 on the telly in bed :)
    Only problem is the batteries. I don't have to change them often, but there's nothing worse than the batteries crapping out while you're playing online :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I've got an old HP Multimedia keyboard with little buttons for volume and mute (and some other ones I never use). Plus it's got extra leads to plug speakers/headphones into, thus avoiding having to go near the back of my tower (scary place).

It's the second one I've had as the first one got broken (don't ask), and I just didn't like any other ones I had. Of course they weren't making the same model so I had to get a IT manager friend to "obtain" one from his office.

It's heavy, takes up more than average space, but I wub it dearly.

I did have a wireless cordless mouse for a while but given the hours I spend in front of the pc I got far too annoyed changing the batteries every 2 months or so, especially as the symtoms of low batteries was exactly like dirty rollers.

Don't really see the point of a cordless keyboard tbh. Be handy for a living room multimedia pc, but for a gamer? Naaaah.

Advertisement