Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to download quake?

Options
  • 04-07-2003 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

ive heard that quake 1 is out on open code thingy now? ive also heard that one can download the full version? and if this is where can i get it? ive an urge to kill some grunts....and use that sweet nail gun...
    althought its probably just for dev's so i'll throw in that im workin for a network company and we're puttin up something like gamespy arcade and are using this as a test...and if ya dont believe me - :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

I can see this being locked.... (warez etc)

[edit]telling someone that their post may be locked due to the possible mention of warez then telling us how you just downloaded a game illegally yourself is not the way forward.[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://www.bootie.org/~landon/idg/quake.rar

bazh posted that in the 'what u playing' thread...
    wouldn't d/l for me in mozilla, works grand if you just copy & paste it into getright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Rnger
    I can see this being locked.... (warez etc)

I got quake 2 off kazaa lately, give that a go
    you're the only warez monkey here.
    quake 1 is legit to download now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The artwork is not available for free comsumption, just the code.
    So you can edit and do what you like with it, but you have to of BOUGHT it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

you can now get the first duke nukem legaly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, I thought it was just the code/engine that was available. The levels aren't available to download. I think if you manage to download the whole thing, its piracy.

- Dave.

Advertisement