Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What it required for a job in Brown Thomas?

Options
  • 31-08-2014 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

"a shyte personality" c'mon guys none'of that! ;)

I would love to work in Brown Thomas, something about it appeals to me, probably because I have quite a big interest in fashion and skincare, cosmetics etc.
    What does a job at Brown Thomas require qualification wise? What experience must you have? And how on earth do you get in there with no experience? I'm a 20 year old female..not that that helps..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Maybe they're just not hiring today...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Paperclips85

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Maybe they're just not hiring today...

hmmm?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

A friend of mine got a job there,working in the L.K Bennett section. She has no interest whatsoever about fashion,make up etc just needed a job.. She bought a nice outfit and blagged her way through the interview and got the job. Coincidentally she has just left so they might be looking!

just apply and be confident

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

You have to be a certain shade of Orange to apply

GTI offer a FETAC Level 5 Award in Retail Practice (5M2105)
    http://www.gti.ie/courses/course/detail/course/GTI022 which includes work experience - if you can't talk your way in it might help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

GTI offer a FETAC Level 5 Award in Retail Practice (5M2105)
    http://www.gti.ie/courses/course/detail/course/GTI022 which includes work experience - if you can't talk your way in it might help.

You dont need a fetac course to get a sales assistant retail job.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Have you applied for a job there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

If BT doesn't work out try for a job in another boutique or fancy retailer. I'd imagine they appreciate you having some experience in "polite" sales patter with customers of a certain background so if you can skew your career choices in that direction you'd be more likely to get a job there in the future maybe.

I'd say that an interest in fashion and a knowledge of their stock would be a great advantage. Who would chose an uninterested person over someone with as much enthusiasm as you obviously have.
    Oh and be sure to well dressed and well groomed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Be very attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

All depends on the concession. Worked there years ago taking in deliveries myself. Would not have a notion about fashion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

JJayoo wrote: »
    Be very attractive.

There's often very cute girls working at that make up counter by the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Rumour has it Nora Warts worked in the make- up cosmetics part of the store back when it was Moones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

To work in the cosmetic/fragrance section, excessive quantities of makeup and fake tan. You think I'm joking but I've met a girl who had to "move on" when she wasn't comfortable wearing a heavy layer of tan at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok, I had to remove some posts that were less than helpful/digs.

On topic, just hand your CV in and see how far you get, good luck.

Advertisement