Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belleek Castle??

Options
  • 30-06-2014 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just looking for some feedback on Belleek Castle as a wedding venue.
    Has anyone ever gotten married there or been to a wedding there?
    Be great if you could give me some insight.

Thanks so much!:):D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

I was at one and there was a lot I liked. The food was fantastic and the venue is impressive. There was enough though that I wouldnt consider using it. They use long banquet style tables. I find these the worst for getting table conversation going. The dance floor isn't visible from most of the room I think so was hard to get people up dancing. Go have a look at it though cos it is a lovely venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

I haven't been there at a wedding so I can't help you on that one. A friend was and she thought it was really nice.

If you haven't viewed it yet it is worth going to see. We viewed it while we were looking for venues. It is a really cool and quirky venue and I got a very good impression from the lady who runs it. We didn't go with it in the end because of their price and also because we thought our families would be more relaxed in a more conventional setting. I imagine a wedding there, with the right mix of guests, could be an awful lot of fun. Anybody who appreciates history and buildings and something a bit different would just love it.

Sorry I can't be of any more help but when I saw you were getting very few answers I said I would throw in my bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

Very very nice venue for a wedding but its not the cheapest apparently.

I can concur that the food is amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Thanks for the replies everyone!
    We are just looking and trying to get a idea of venues around the area.
    Delighted to hear about the food as we LOVE our food and for us it is a big thing for the reception!:D
    Also, we wanted a venue that was a little different. We saw pics of Belleek and thought it might be nice! (Himself loved the idea of a throne!) lol Will defo go for a look and see it.

P.S I love my history! lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

Best of luck to you both and have a great day!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I wasn't at a wedding there but was at a dinner, group of 25 of us. Food was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I've been at two weddings there and they were both really good fun. I love the castle set up and the way you have exclusive use of the venue. In fact they're probably two of the best weddings I've been to.

I don't remember the food tbh. I do remember though (and probably worth mentioning to your guests of you do book it) that they don't sell cigarettes. A load of us ended up cornering a lounge boy and paying him to get a taxi to the nearest shop/garage and bringing us back some :D

Sorry it took so long to get back on this page. We went to view Belleek and love it! Exactly what we wanted and the grounds are amazing!! As was the food!! So good! :D:D Thanks everyone so much for all your help and advise on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Girl 2011

Hi

I am currently looking at having my wedding in Belleek Castle. Was wondering if people bargained with them and if they agreed to add in any little extras.

They say they can decorate the place for €480 did you go with this or get it decorated by someone?

Also what drinks reception did people have? They currently looking at giving us mulled wine with corkage of €15.

How did anyone fine the rooms,saw one small one when I was there and was very basic!

Any tips or feedback be great!!

We booked our wedding there! We didn't bargain with them because what they were offering us was well within our budget and we were getting everything that we wanted and then some! I know we should have but they were so nice and they don't get any funding or anything so we were happy to pay the full price!
    We are going to let them decorate the place for the same price. Reckon it was good value for the flowers and suits us coz we are looking at a civil ceremony there so that will cover the cost of decorating for the ceremony as well. We will do a bit of our own stuff as well I think.
    Going to get the Summer punch/mulled wine and tea and coffee.
    The rooms seemed nice when we saw them. We saw a few rooms, most of them were lovely. I know they had plans to refurbish some more of them in the next while.
    It was the perfect venue for us. I do think that you will know the right venue when you find it though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Girl 2011

Hi Seb_bixby thanks for this.

We are thinking this could be the venue, as were looking at Lough Rynn also as like character to a place but the area where reception is has a modern feel to it and generally wont be spending much time in the rooms we like the best!!

If you don't mind me asking, could you PM me and let me know some of the little extras you got.

The venue is really something a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Hi I'm also planning on having a look a belleek castle. Would someone mind pm'ing me and letting me know the price they agreed on and what it included. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 OILY1982

Hi all, I am planning to get married in Belleek 2016 and was just hoping that someone could give me some feedback on what they paid for the silver package and what was included in it? Also what price they paid for corkage? Please PM me.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

Hi all -
    I'm in the same boat as the previous two posters. Would love to get married in Beleek castle but before going to view it, I'd like to have a realistic idea of the price (don't want to fall for it only to have my heart broken!).
    If anyone could PM me with details of what price you were quoted, what was included etc that would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Emma8

Girl 2011 wrote: »
    Hi

I am currently looking at having my wedding in Belleek Castle. Was wondering if people bargained with them and if they agreed to add in any little extras.

They say they can decorate the place for €480 did you go with this or get it decorated by someone?

Also what drinks reception did people have? They currently looking at giving us mulled wine with corkage of €15.

How did anyone fine the rooms,saw one small one when I was there and was very basic!

Any tips or feedback be great!!

Hi
    Can I ask what u paid pp? And what is included in the price?
    Any info u have would be great.
    Thanks☺

Advertisement