Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue piercing question

Options
  • 19-08-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey, I got my tongue pierced 5 days ago and was told to rinse with alcohol free mouthwash every time I ate etc. I done that for the first 3 days but it started to feel like my mouth was burning every time I used the mouth wash and my tongue was really sensitive. I decided to start rinsing with salt water instead. The right side of my tongue is still really painful and sensitive, just wondering if it's normal? The swelling has gone down loads in just waiting for this constant pain/sensitivity to go. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Hey, I got my tongue pierced 5 days ago and was told to rinse with alcohol free mouthwash every time I ate etc. I done that for the first 3 days but it started to feel like my mouth was burning every time I used the mouth wash and my tongue was really sensitive. I decided to start rinsing with salt water instead. The right side of my tongue is still really painful and sensitive, just wondering if it's normal? The swelling has gone down loads in just waiting for this constant pain/sensitivity to go. Thanks.

Not an expert but when I got mine done swelling went down as yours had but sensitivity was still there for about two weeks. I was fine after that.

I'd say just give it time and use mouthwash as has been suggested.

Advertisement