Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung 37 inch with image retention problem

• 08-08-2014 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

We've got a LE37R8 that we got towards the end of 2007.
    Over the last week it's been having image retention problems.
    This basically means if a logo appears on the screen for a couple of seconds and you go onto a white background you can still see the trace outline of the logo left behind and the logo can stay there for 10 minutes before it has gradually faded away to then be replaced by the trace of some other crap if I use the sky guide I can see outlines of the guide on the screen.
    Text is especially bad I left it paused with the limitless logo on the screen just to see and you could see limitless burnt into the screen for a few minutes after I'd unpaused.
    The screen burn is always temporary and I've seen it been called image retention when trying to read up about it.
    Anyway is there anyway of fixing it?
    The screen is perfectly clear otherwise.
    Don't want to throw away our tv because of something that isn't always that noticeable.
    It is a pain in the ass though so I'd like to fix it if possible.
    Anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Could I have this moved to HE General because its getting 0 replies here.

Advertisement