Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Ski Holiday with a 4 year old

Options
  • 24-06-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hoping to head on a Family ski holiday early 2015.. looking for places people would recommend with a 4 year old child. She will only be just turned 4 so i'm not sure if id put her in kiddie ski school for a day but i think she'd love sledding and just playing around in it :) most of us would be beginner skiers so it doesn't have to be the best slopes or anything just somewhere nice and i would look for somewhere with a short transfer time from the airport (under 2 hours really..) the grandparents are coming too so somewhere that has nice stuff to do and see apart from skiing.. i was thinking of going in January since that's meant to be a quieter time of year to go but i heard its very cold on children that time of the year so maybe feb/march would be best... any advice would be great! Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,088 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Gal44 wrote: »
    Hoping to head on a Family ski holiday early 2015.. looking for places people would recommend with a 4 year old child. She will only be just turned 4 so i'm not sure if id put her in kiddie ski school for a day but i think she'd love sledding and just playing around in it :) most of us would be beginner skiers so it doesn't have to be the best slopes or anything just somewhere nice and i would look for somewhere with a short transfer time from the airport (under 2 hours really..) the grandparents are coming too so somewhere that has nice stuff to do and see apart from skiing.. i was thinking of going in January since that's meant to be a quieter time of year to go but i heard its very cold on children that time of the year so maybe feb/march would be best... any advice would be great! Thanks! :)

Soll Austria ticks a lot of those boxes,fly aer lingus to Munich,Tyrol taxi transfer to soll and go to soll tourist board web site to check hotel availability.
    Soll lovely traditional Austrian village with nursery slopes about 5 minutes walk from center .loads of lovely restaurants and bars for young and old..not the highest resort so won't be very cold and you should have snow to village.resort itself is huge as regards skiing,very well linked to westendorf and kitzbuhell which are all on lift pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Ah super that sounds pretty perfect, will defo do my research! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Gal44 wrote: »
    Ah super that sounds pretty perfect, will defo do my research! Thanks :)

My son started skiing in Soll at that age, the kinderland there is fantastic, can't recommend it highly enough. Lovely kiddy instructors who really enjoy their jobs, and kinderland has an indoor play area for when it's very cold, or if the kids get tired.

It takes a few days for them to figure it out, but your little one will be out on the slopes by day 4. It's great to see how they progress!! My fella is completely ski obsessed now, it's great! :-)

PS the toboggan runs are brilliant, kids cant get enough of it! Great craic for adults too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JamieHarris

That sounds nice! Start them young :D You can try blue mountain. I went there on a school field trip and the slopes there are small and suitable for children. It's 2 hours from Toronto so you can reach easily from the airport :)

Advertisement