Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Dessert

Options
  • 12-08-2004 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I'm looking for some nice dessert ideas. Something a little different but doesnt require Jamie Oliver to prepare it! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

My personal favourite is profité (sp) rolls. Mmmmmmm. Easy dessert.... hmmmm, sherry trifle?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Bon Mamman Plum Jam and a spoon........

:drool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 PandeB

I agreee with the profiteroles, not into the jam and spoon idea! gets a bit boring after two spoonfuls!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭loz_the_boz

Tiramasu ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

How about something as simple as some meringue nests with some whipped cream, sliced strawberries and grated chocolate on the top. Not rocket science, good value and uber tasty. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

A large banoffie pie covered in melted chocolate.

/me explodes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dave wrote:
    hmmmm, sherry trifle?

Surely you meant

"Mmmmmmm Sherry Trifle"
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,916 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Bailey's cheesecake. So delicious and so easy to prepare :)

After that there's good old apple crumble and ice-cream *sigh*

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Mango pudding... mmmm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Bread & Butter pudding ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

Carmella Decesare

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Haggan Daas Cookies and Cream ice cream, in a bowl with a spoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Treacle tart. Sticky, sweet, and rich. Perfect end of meal nyommage.

Make sure your main course was light, because this stuff is heavy enough to warp space...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Strawberry Sorbet

Ingredients:
    800g Fresh Strawberries ( approximately this is not a particularly fussy recipe)
    1 cup orange juice ( I use Tropicana Sanguinello as it r0x0rs)
    1 1/4 cups sugar
    1/2 cup water
    3 Tbsps Lemon juice
    2 Tbsps Vodka

Method:

Put the Orange juice, water and sugar in a pot and bring slowly to the boil, boil the ensuing syrup lightly for a few minutes then let it cool.

Clean and top your strawberries then halve them.

Put the strawberries and 1/4 of the cooled orange syrup into a food mixer and blend until you have a liquidy consistency.

Add the rest of the syrup then the vodka and the lemon juice into the mixture and blend it all up again.

The vodka is only to stop the mixture from freezing completely and not for anything else, it keeps it smooth.

When all is mixed you want to put it in a tupperware tub or an old ice cream tub and whack it in the freezer.

When it is starting to freeze take it out and run a fork all through it to stop large ice crystals forming and do this at regular intervals until it is completely frozen or you can let it freeze then take it out of the tub and liquidise the frozen mixture then pop it back in the tub quickly and refreeze it.

My recipe for sorbet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

my favourite is mint chocolate ice-cream with sprinkles.....
    easy to make just buy it in the shop!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

well if you want to cheat and not cook it yourself the best dessert is chocolate pudding from Marks and Spencer. You can buy them in two's you stick them in the oven for a bit and serve with cream...they are fantastic

Advertisement