Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assault charges question

Options
  • 25-06-2010 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I was ou in a nightclub recently and was pretty wasted and assaulted someone. I dont remember doing it or why I done it. The lad I hit is now pressing charges.

What will happen now will it go to court? What will happen if I am found guilty (which I am)? Will this mean I will have a criminal record?

Any help will be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

You need to consult a solicitor about your personal case. You will probably be invited to make a statement about the incident to the Gardaí in the near future. If you have never been in trouble before you may be eligible for an adult caution which is not a conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CooliyoG

I do have two (maybe 3 ) juvenile cautions. Could I still be eligible for an adult caution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

It depends on the nature of the assault. Section 2 assault is eligable but more serious ones aren't. Your JLOs should not affect the chances of an adult caution but a lot is taken into account when considering your eligibility. If all your previous JLOs are for drunken fights you may not be considered a good candidate for the caution as you dont seem to be able to learn your lesson. If you are rejected for the caution it could be an issue for your solicitor to raise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

CooliyoG wrote: »
    I do have two (maybe 3 ) juvenile cautions. Could I still be eligible for an adult caution?

Might be time to re-evaluate a few priorities.

OK so I was talking to a Gard and he''ll be over today to talk about what happened. I let you know.

• Advertisement

Received an adult caution. Probably the best case scenario. Just can't let it happen again.

Advertisement