Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking a paper on the day

Options
  • 03-06-2013 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hypothetically ;), would it be possible to take a paper of a certain subject on the day of the exam regardless if you have studied it or have informed the SEC of your intention to take it?

Home ec looks like good craic. I know that the project is 20% but it looks like the actual exam primarily consists of business, biology and general knowledge.

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

As far as i know you have to register two weeks beforehand to do the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Hahahahaha Home ec general knowledge hahahaha. Sorry, I had to.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Home Ec is a lot harder than it looks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 snkly

Jade. wrote: »
    Home Ec is a lot harder than it looks ;)

It probably actually is but I just feel like doing it anyways. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Robynne

Home ec is extremely hard... It frustrates me when people brand it as easy or 'General knowledge' look at the exam papers ! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

It is actually hard .. When I told my dad home ec was tomorrow his reply was 'ooh I bet that will be hard' in a sarcastic tone.. I litteraly ate the head of him! I don't see how you think you can go in and sit it without studying it for two years!

Just in case anyone is wondering. I called the SEC and they said it was grand. Just present yourself for the exam and you will be allowed to sit it.

I do honours business and biology and honestly don't see much of a difference between them and home ec so I'll be sitting it tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the responses anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

snkly wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is wondering. I called the SEC and they said it was grand. Just present yourself for the exam and you will be allowed to sit it.

I do honours business and biology and honestly don't see much of a difference between them and home ec so I'll be sitting it tomorrow.

Best of luck anyway :) I suppose if your good at business and biology it's fine :)

Best of luck anyway :) I suppose if your good at business and biology it's fine :)

You too! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Woow! Shame you can't to do that for the Junior Cert ;(.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

snkly wrote: »

You won't have any of the practical or project elements done, so you will get an asterisk* beside your grade..

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

20% is a project so you're down to a B1 anyway, then your elective is 80 marks if you get any there, short Q's can be difficult and the food section in biology doesn't cover nearly enough to do well in the nutrients part of home ec, good luck to you anyway.

Advertisement