Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GNIB change of address

• 23-06-2010 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭

Have been trying to get someone in Immigration at any Garda station to answer their phone for the past 2 days - guess they're overwhelmed at the moment.

Question seems a simple one, but no answer yet: husband has GNIB card (I'm Irish) - we have just moved house and need to update his address. Can we do this via post (ie sending in copy of ESB/Gas bill with signed written confirmation of change of address)? Or do we have to queue for hours for this simple procedure?

If we can do it via email, how do I find out the email address for Anglesea Street, Cork? The only on on the An Garda Siochana website is for Dublin.

Thanks, in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

variety wrote: »
    If we can do it via email, how do I find out the email address for Anglesea Street, Cork? The only on on the An Garda Siochana website is for Dublin.

Thanks, in advance...

Call into Anglesea Street and ask for immigration officer. If they are not available they will tell you when they are available next are give you an appointment in the book.

They have no Email address. Most Gardaí dont have state email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭McCrack

Why is this NGA? It seems district and regional offices have email but that's only recently as in the past couple years. Why are individual members not given addresses? Joebloggs@garda.ie etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

McCrack wrote: »
    Why is this NGA? It seems district and regional offices have email but that's only recently as in the past couple years. Why are individual members not given addresses? Joebloggs@garda.ie etc.

I dont know is the honest answer. Maybe something to do with making up 15 odd thousand addresses???. You need to apply for an email address through HQ.....but you need a reason for applying for it. Traffic Sergeant normally get it for dealing with RSA and other agencies. District offices etc get them for communicating with your good self etc.

In the near future I can see us all getting one......at present they just simply wont.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I dont know is the honest answer. Maybe something to do with making up 15 odd thousand addresses???. You need to apply for an email address through HQ.....but you need a reason for applying for it. Traffic Sergeant normally get it for dealing with RSA and other agencies. District offices etc get them for communicating with your good self etc.

In the near future I can see us all getting one......at present they just simply wont.

That would be great.

Dear Garda X,

Will you let client Y off the summons for non display of tax? Ah go on, Ah go on, ah go on.

Best regards,
    Solicitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

When I had to do it I just sent in a letter saying I've moved, here's my new address. Didn't send a copy of any bills or anything. They were happy enough with that. It was a few years ago though. The Immigrant Council should be able to give you more up-to-date advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

variety wrote: »
    Have been trying to get someone in Immigration at any Garda station to answer their phone for the past 2 days - guess they're overwhelmed at the moment.

Question seems a simple one, but no answer yet: husband has GNIB card (I'm Irish) - we have just moved house and need to update his address. Can we do this via post (ie sending in copy of ESB/Gas bill with signed written confirmation of change of address)? Or do we have to queue for hours for this simple procedure?

Thanks, in advance...

Change of address information should issue to the INIS, not the GNIB. Send proof of address and mention that it's for a spouse of Irish citizen to the Acknowledgements Unit of the INIS, 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

McCrack wrote: »

Because all corespondance to Gardaí is supposed to go through their district officer.

Advertisement