Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save 5-10% on any item at hardwareversand.de

Options
  • 21-03-2013 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I'm a long time buyer from hardwareversand.de and this is a little trick I like to use whenever I make a purchase to offset delivery costs. Been using it for a while now, but sharing is caring. It's really simple:

1) Go to hardwareversand.de, choose your item(s) and place them into your basket.

2) Copy the title of one item, eg. "Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950, 3GB GDDR5, PCI-Express" (278,79 euro)

2) go to geizhals.de (a German price comparison website) and paste it in to the search bar

3) click on the first result, scroll down until you see the hardwareversand.de image and click on it.

4) you'll be taken to your basket and the discount will be applied. (In this case a savings of 11 euro! YEAH BUDDY! :D)

5) rinse & repeat

Believe me, this method really goes a long way with those big orders. The discount varies but it saves you enough bob to pay for delivery out of your budget and then some! enjoy :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

F7Z wrote: »
    I'm a long time buyer from hardwareversand.de and this is a little trick I like to use whenever I make a purchase to offset delivery costs. Been using it for a while now, but sharing is caring. It's really simple:

1) Go to hardwareversand.de, choose your item(s) and place them into your basket.

2) Copy the title of one item, eg. "Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950, 3GB GDDR5, PCI-Express" (278,79 euro)

2) go to geizhals.de (a German price comparison website) and paste it in to the search bar

3) click on the first result, scroll down until you see the hardwareversand.de image and click on it.

4) you'll be taken to your basket and the discount will be applied. (In this case a savings of 11 euro! YEAH BUDDY! :D)

5) rinse & repeat

Believe me, this method really goes a long way with those big orders. The discount varies but it saves you enough bob to pay for delivery out of your budget and then some! enjoy :)
    Wow fantastic! I gotta test this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Just knocked over 50 euro off of my build, you legend. !!! Thanks so much, I believe this should be a sticky!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

i used it a couple of days ago on two items and saved myself ~20 quid, another €10 if you sign up as a new customer and use this code: V4XUF4HN3R (for purchases over €500), or €5 with this code: VFFT1C5URD (for anything between €100 and €500)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Melter :( just after placing a near €600 order haha :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Wont be ordering for another two/three weeks but this will do very nicely! Nice find F7Z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Just saved 100e nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

pah, I'm feeling pissed now after spending about 1600 on a build there last year... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ditdit

Just spent 1300 the other day ;(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Spending €800.00 on monday. :D that saving alone pays for and upgrade on my cpu :D

By fx6300 hello fx8350 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Snowie wrote: »
    Spending €800.00 on monday. :D that saving alone pays for and upgrade on my cpu :D

By fx6300 hello fx8350 :D

Just came to post almost the same thing only difference is I wont be spending for 2 weeks really happy this thread was created before I did though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 F7Z

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Melter :( just after placing a near €600 order haha :(
    ZeroThreat wrote: »
    pah, I'm feeling pissed now after spending about 1600 on a build there last year... :(
    ditdit wrote: »
    Just spent 1300 the other day ;(

I feel your pain lads. Spent a good bit myself before finding this out. Ah well, what can you do. You live and you learn :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Sweet,im ordering in another few weeks and it looks like this cuts about €100 of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I wouldn't exploit this too much or else you might find hardwareversand won't ship to ireland anymore. Its really only meant to be used by german shoppers. They match the price of some other german stores to stay competitively priced (ones which don't ship outside germany) Without doing this, hardwareversand still have pretty much the lowest prices with a reasonable shipping cost to Ireland, much better than any UK store or dabs/komplett. Mindfactory can be cheaper but they charge 30 euro shipping then another 30 if you buy a case and another 30 for a monitor compared to 18.99 flat rate of hwvs.

I'd only use it on a couple of items not go through the whole basket.

I've known about it for a while and this is the reason I didn't post about it although I did help a few people out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Awesome just saved about €60 thanks lads

hardwareversand website not working for me right now, anyone else have this problem? could have banned all irish ip addresses already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

I can see a bullet in the foot here lads...

dwighet wrote: »
    I can see a bullet in the foot here lads...

Yep, I really don't think its a good idea posting this especially when pretty much 100 percent of irish orders on hardwareversand originate from this forum lol. Is the website loading for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

spix wrote: »
    Yep, I really don't think its a good idea posting this especially when pretty much 100 percent of irish orders on hardwareversand originate from this forum lol. Is the website loading for you?

No joy on there website.... Its shut down for me.. Time will tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Abuse the hell out of it!

Get them back for not repling to the free delivery email few months back.

MWHA HA HA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

HWVS is up for me now and the trick is still working :)
    I haven't bought anything with it yet though.

• Advertisement

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    HWVS is up for me now and the trick is still working :)
    I haven't bought anything with it yet though.

I've used this in the past, works fine. I really don't recommend you use it on everything though.. it will draw attention if every item bought from ireland is through their german price comparison thingy ! Use in moderation and hopefully they don't ban us from the site or increase postage costs to compensate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Don't worry about me, in the past 18 months I've made approximately 1 order from them :P
    So I don't think it will be getting any abuse from me anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 F7Z

Relax guys... What options do HWVS have? Blocking Irish i.p addresses instead of gladly accepting the increased revenue? They are a business after all. Remove their listing from Geizhals, one of the biggest European price comparison websites? Most of mainland Europe buy their gear from that site and all their competitors are listed there. Beyond unlikely. Increase postage costs for no legitimate reason? Consumer law, baby. Why do people inherently assume we have to pay more just because we're buying from Ireland? I'm sure HWVS will be glad for all the extra traffic they're getting from a listing they put up for that exact purpose. If not, I personally will arrange a mass boycott ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Relax guys... What options do HWVS have? Blocking Irish i.p addresses instead of gladly accepting the increased revenue? They are a business after all. Remove their listing from Geizhals, one of the biggest European price comparison websites? Most of mainland Europe buy their gear from that site and all their competitors are listed there. Beyond unlikely. Increase postage costs for no legitimate reason? Consumer law, baby. Why do people inherently assume we have to pay more just because we're buying from Ireland? I'm sure HWVS will be glad for all the extra traffic they're getting from a listing they put up for that exact purpose. If not, I personally will arrange a mass boycott ;)

My thoughts exactly I wonder could we make a php script to automate the process...

Hardly increasing revenue if they're loosing 5-10 percent per irish order. Most people using this price comparison website would have bought from hardwareversand at full price anyway. That's a big chunk out of their profit on these orders even if its not significant.

I used the price comparison prices and the €10 discount for new customers early this morning and my order has been cleared for delivery. So looks like no issue.

GEO147 wrote: »
    I used the price comparison prices and the €10 discount for new customers early this morning and my order has been cleared for delivery. So looks like no issue.

yet ;)

How did you pay? That was quick processing...

spix wrote: »
    yet ;)

How did you pay? That was quick processing...

Paid via bank transfer but clicked the "urgent" payment type which costs €12.70. Cleared for delivery sounds like good news to me. Like the guy says above there is nothing wrong with this, we are in the EU after all.

He says with fingers crossed lol.

GEO147 wrote: »
    Paid via bank transfer but clicked the "urgent" payment type which costs €12.70. Cleared for delivery sounds like good news to me. Like the guy says above there is nothing wrong with this, we are in the EU after all.

He says with fingers crossed lol.

Yea you'll get the order fine.. this has been around for years. I've done it multiple times without problems. But if 100 percent of irish orders start doing it, then they're likely to take action when they notice. Just my opinion :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Hang your head spix, keeping secrets.

Advertisement