Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner car insurance

Options
  • 14-07-2010 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I am just back from the states and am doing the theory test next week. I am checking out Insurance for a 1.4l car, the best deal I can get is e1100 per year. I am 33, don't drink-don't think that makes a difference though. Aviva has been able to give me the best deal. So basically I will be driving on a learners permit.

Anyone had any experience insuring cars for the first time, or have any suggestions to make? thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

€1100 seems like a good deal

have you tried 123.ie not via the website but call them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

€1100 is very good for a 1.4 on a learners permit. Id be surprised if you can do better thant that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Thanks for the replies, I have no idea how much people are paying around here, so I just figured I would ask anyway, good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

I got mine for €900 off Quinn. I am 17 and other than that the same as you, except a 1.2 litre car. Try giving the insurance companies a ring, if they don't give you anything cheaper.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I went to aa to get a car insurance quote it was cheaper than 123.ie , anyway you'll get a partial refund with them on your premium once you pass your test

• Advertisement
Advertisement