Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dive logging

Options
  • 18-01-2015 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭

Quick question,

How good are the people here at logging their dives?

I'm pretty bad, generally only do it when I'm doing an official course. I've been looking at possibly doing my DM course and one of the requirements is that I have x amount of logged dives which I easily have but the paperwork to back it up is less than good :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

i was brilliant when i started but eventually stopped.
    Did leading diver last year and needed to catch up my logs again...had to try and find out from the Club Dive Officer where and when I went somewhere.

But the last few years I was diving in other Dive Clubs as a guest - so I had more difficulty keeping track.

i found the perfect solution. Facebook. Nearly every club had a dive or two logged, and I found my memory came back with just a picture or two. I just needed to match the date in the computer with the FB timeline and I could recall almost every site and buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

550+ dives over 11 years, and every single one of them is logged; date, dive #, site, time in & out, bar in & out, bottom time, cumulative bottom time, nitrox mix, MOD, EAD, ppO2, O2 exposure, cumulative O2 exposure, weight, exposure protection/equipment, viz, buddy name & signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

550+ dives over 11 years, and every single one of them is logged; date, dive #, site, time in & out, bar in & out, bottom time, cumulative bottom time, nitrox mix, MOD, EAD, ppO2, O2 exposure, cumulative O2 exposure, weight, exposure protection/equipment, viz, buddy name & signature.

what dive computer and what do you use to log everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tonyoc42

I have a Sunnto Gekko and currently use JDiveLog a freeware Jave tool to upload dives to PC and this seems to work well most of the time.

So even if you forget to log the dives for a while you can go back and load them later and seeing the dive profiles is a very good prompt in remembering the dive sites.

The Sunnto DiveManager does/did not support a Gekko when I was trying to use it - but I found a utility which made the Gekko pretend to be a Vyper and it then supports synching with the Gekko.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Slideways

I have an oceanic OCi but I've only had it for the last 5 or 6 dives. I must take a look at what software is available for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

yankinlk wrote: »
    what dive computer...

Suunto Vyper Air.
    yankinlk wrote: »
    ...what do you use to log everything?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRA0AhQNZM9o9hMC7GMUf0OAEsB8eNBQJoIyp7wV2CCltknQQJU

and

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeQiLWoVy0hVibnnqSiTsung3ht8bpxSfZrwDdcVFUFE_sbUHJkA

Jesus lads, my head is melted trying to download the dives from my Oceanic OCi

Ive tried the java program above, oceanlog and diveboard. The diveboard program attempts to download but fails. It says to put the watch into pc mode but despite numerous searches I cannot figure out how to do this...

Any help? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Thanks for that.

I won't get to try it out for 2 weeks but I'll let you know how it goes

Advertisement