Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Suitable for Oculus Rift DK2

Options
  • 28-02-2015 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I just bought an Ocukus Rift Dk2 and now realise that my laptop or PC are not powerful enough to run it! Can anybody recommend a PC that would be suitable. I have looked on PC world web site and from what I can see I would have to give 1,400 to 2,000 euro for something suitable. I have looked online and people say that at least a gtx770 graphics card is needed. Any recommendations of where is best place to look. Would you recommend buying a second hand PC?
    How about building a PC. Have been told it's simple but I would not know where to start. Any help on what components would be suitable would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I just bought an Ocukus Rift Dk2 and now realise that my laptop or PC are not powerful enough to run it! Can anybody recommend a PC that would be suitable. I have looked on PC world web site and from what I can see I would have to give 1,400 to 2,000 euro for something suitable. I have looked online and people say that at least a gtx770 graphics card is needed. Any recommendations of where is best place to look. Would you recommend buying a second hand PC?
    How about building a PC. Have been told it's simple but I would not know where to start. Any help on what components would be suitable would be great

Your in the right place mate the guys on here are very good with advice. Post up the specs of the pc you already have and they will know if it's any good to build from or what parts you can reuse. It would work out a lot cheaper to build yourself and there is tons and I mean tons of tutorial videos on YouTube to follow and get and idea of what you need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Galwegian09

I would prefer to get a new PC. The one I have I use for work and would like a second that I can have at home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Youll need a decent gfx card, i would recommend either 780/780Ti/970/980 from Nvidia or 290/290x from AMD.

I have a DK1 and bought a 780Ti specifically to handle DK2 when it was released. I can run Elite on max with shadows on medium and its only slightly juddery in space stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

I use a GTX 780 and it works perfect...

however, are you building VR or just playing downloadable VR..

Reason

Downloadable VR is generally streamlined for play ability and already bug fixed.
    If your Building VR, a decient rig is required, due to modeling - trial and error - lack of streamline modeling and game set-ups, will pressure on the frame rate and the Graffix Card required will be higher.

Advertisement