Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortage protection refused

Options
  • 31-05-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

hi wondering if any one can help me any advice greatfully received found a house had my mortage santioned payed my booking deposit got my solictor and now i cant get mortage protection been refused twice am over weight and smoke but i have youth on my side im 28 have no underlying health issues did have a gallbladder operation but am fine now but have family history father died of heart attack 57 asked the bank to waver the right to mortage protection as i have 2 decline letters and they have said no the wont go ahead with out mortage protection so i am stuck and under pressure to either sign or pull out i will lose money from doing this any suggestions things i could try any companies you think would be worth a call i am willing to try anything :confused::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

try aviva.... I was postponed by one company last year but got it with aviva after a medical..use a broker who knows what they are doing as they will steer you in the right direction of a sympathetic company hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cindrella

try aviva.... I was postponed by one company last year but got it with aviva after a medical..use a broker who knows what they are doing as they will steer you in the right direction of a sympathetic company hopefully.

thanks will try

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

not being funny, but stop smoking..

its a gigantic red flag for them

yeah i agree and i am but it wont make any difference to them as u have to be off ciggarettes for 12 months to be a non smoker

tryed aviva no joy cause there also ark life and thats one of the companies i have been declined with :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

cindrella wrote: »
    hi wondering if any one can help me any advice greatfully received found a house had my mortage santioned payed my booking deposit got my solictor and now i cant get mortage protection been refused twice am over weight and smoke but i have youth on my side im 28 have no underlying health issues did have a gallbladder operation but am fine now but have family history father died of heart attack 57 asked the bank to waver the right to mortage protection as i have 2 decline letters and they have said no the wont go ahead with out mortage protection so i am stuck and under pressure to either sign or pull out i will lose money from doing this any suggestions things i could try any companies you think would be worth a call i am willing to try anything :confused::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Is it bank underwritten or someone else? Usually the underwriting criteria under a group mortgage protection policy is not as harsh.

stepbar wrote: »
    Is it bank underwritten or someone else? Usually the underwriting criteria under a group mortgage protection policy is not as harsh.

not sure i understand i cant get mortage from aib with out mortage protection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Stepbar is asking, can you get the protection through AIB

Bogger77 wrote: »
    Stepbar is asking, can you get the protection through AIB

no i tryed to get it from them and they declined also as them to waver the right and they wont

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I had similar issues to you, although I was never refused, just had to pay way over the odds.
    I have been with two companies, Calendonian Life and Irish Life. If I were to recommend one it would be Irish Life.

• Advertisement

I had similar issues to you, although I was never refused, just had to pay way over the odds.
    I have been with two companies, Calendonian Life and Irish Life. If I were to recommend one it would be Irish Life.

thanks i have two applications in one with calendonian and one with irish life put them in last week still waiting for word fingers and toes crossed

no i tryed to get it from them and they declined also as them to waver the right and they wont

If it's AIB then their policies are underwritten by Aviva. So it probably would be pointless going to them. There are plenty of providers in the market.

stepbar wrote: »
    If it's AIB then their policies are underwritten by Aviva. So it probably would be pointless going to them. There are plenty of providers in the market.

got another decline this time from irish life have tryed aviva and yeah it was pointless only one left and thats canadonian which i am still waiting to here from :(

got another decline this time from irish life have tryed aviva and yeah it was pointless only one left and thats canadonian which i am still waiting to here from :(

Have you tried New Ireland, Royal Sun Alliance, BOI Life, Canada Life?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Three major risk factors: height/weight ratio/smoker/family history of heart disease under 60: can understand why life assurance company does not want take on the risk tbh.

I thought once you were declined by two life ass co's and you signed waiver, legally bank had to give you loan??

amdublin wrote: »
    Three major risk factors: height/weight ratio/smoker/family history of heart disease under 60: can understand why life assurance company does not want take on the risk tbh.

I thought once you were declined by two life ass co's and you signed waiver, legally bank had to give you loan??

no they legally dont have to do anything the do it by case to case and i was refused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 umpsty

Did any of the companies ask you to do a medical, or were you refused outright?

You should use one broker to make applications to a number of life companies at once.

If they all refuse you, the bank has to accept this, if not go to the insurance ombudsman and complain.

You might also contact the financial regulator.

Best of luck!

umpsty wrote: »
    Did any of the companies ask you to do a medical, or were you refused outright?

You should use one broker to make applications to a number of life companies at once.

If they all refuse you, the bank has to accept this, if not go to the insurance ombudsman and complain.

You might also contact the financial regulator.

Best of luck!

thank you yes i did have a medical at the begining i had it with zurich who then refused i tryed ark life as my mortage is with aib and they sent for a pma from my doctor and they refused then my broker tryed irish life and they requested from zurich a copy of medical and the pma report that was done by ark life they then refused i have one application still pending with canadonian life they have copys of medical and pma from ark life they have this info 2 weeks and also requested there own pma last monday and they received it friday so i am hoping to here from them tomorrow hopefully fingers crossed they had medical and other pma and went to bother of getting there own so hopefully that means they are considering me as if they werent they wouldnt of requested there own as it costs them 114 euro for a pma from your doctor fingers crossed i get good news as auctioneer and solictor are on my back for answer

hi guys thanks for you advice i didnt get mortage protection after all as i have found out now i have underlying problem with my heart i did how ever go back to bank and ask them to appeal there decesion on refusing me a waiver on the life cover they have since come back to me and said they will give me 75 per cent mortage and not a 92 per cent not ideal but its better than nothing and ebs mortages are offering 80 per cent so will see what rates are with both and hope to be getting a closing on my house soon so thanks for the help :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 eointoomey

Hi cindrella. I totally understand your situation. I also had a house sorted. I had chosen to have a mole removed, which turned out to be completely benign, as suspected by my GP and consultant. A slightly raised liver function test (I'm about a stone overweight, non-smoker) has gotten me "postponed for 12 months" from a number of insurance companies. It didn't matter to them that I was physically fit and had just ran a half marathon. Ultimately lost the house. I'm happy that you have at least managed to get some kind of offer for a mortgage. Gives me a bit of hope.

• Advertisement
Advertisement