Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Flights

Options
  • 07-08-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an internal flight from Dublin to Cork in a few days and just wondering if you need to have a passport or will photo ID like a student card/drivers license be ok??

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Aer Arann or Ryanair?

Aer Arann:
    AER ARANN RECOMMENDS THAT YOU CARRY A VALID PASSPORT ON ALL JOURNEYS.

It is the responsibility of each passenger to present valid travel documentation that is acceptable to Aer Arann, immigration and all other governmental authorities at every destination. Expired forms of photo ID will not be accepted. Failure to present valid photo ID matching the name(s) on your reservation will result in passengers being refused travel without refund. In the event that any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures are incurred due to a breach of this requirement, these shall be paid by or charged to the passenger personally.
    1.1 INTERNATIONAL & DOMESTIC FLIGHTS TO, FROM AND WITHIN THE U.K

All passengers using on-line check-in facilities must have valid photo ID.Passengers must present valid photo-ID at check-in for international flights and Domestic flights within the UK.

The only accepted forms of photo ID for the UK are:

Valid passport
    Valid driving licence with photo
    Valid national ID with photo
    Valid International Student Card
    Valid Bus Pass with photo
    Valid Work ID with photo
    Valid Northern Ireland Electoral Card. (With Photo.)
    Valid NATO/ U.N. Military I.D.
    Valid Disability Card with Photo
    A child between 12-16 years travelling alone within Ireland or U.K. or between Ireland and the U.K. must produce a Form of Photo I.D.
    1.3 DOMESTIC FLIGHTS WITHIN IRELAND

Valid Photo ID (as listed in Section 1.1) is required on all routes.

Ryanair:

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=pid&quest=photoid

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Thanks brettmirl

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

You need your passport for all Ryanair flights (assuming you are Irish). Aer Arann are much more customer friendly (as posted by brettmirl)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Also since you have to show passports etc at security its just a lot easier to take the passport rather than have an inevitable argument at some stage in proceedings about the normal photo ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Also since you have to show passports etc at security its just a lot easier to take the passport rather than have an inevitable argument at some stage in proceedings about the normal photo ID.

You don't have to show any ID at security other than your boarding pass.

The ID is only checked at:
    - Check in
    - Boarding
    - Immigration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭trellheim

Dublin Airport and Cork Airport Immigration are perfectly happy with a driving licence for CTA or Internal flights.

[ i.e. they comply with the rules of the CTA ] Ryanair desks and airplanes do not, making you use a passport [ which I can't understand ] [ where's the money in it for MOL, does he have a deal with the passport office or what ? ]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

You don't need to show any identification to the gardaí if you have a boarding pass showing you have travelled from another part of Ireland.

Advertisement