Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Electrical test

Options
  • 21-06-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm after having a look through the forum and I couldn't locate anything along these lines, but Mods feel free to correct me.

I'm looking at trying my luck in America, and I was wondering if anybody could direct me where to go about doing the needed wiring exams beforehand. I'm not sure where to look online or even what I'm looking for so any and all help appreciated.

Obviously, there are plenty of others out there heading over yonder, be it to the states or Canada, so the information will be put to good use.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Each State has its own licence , so you need to decide where to locate yourself & then sit the licence exam there , they also have a journey man licence thet you must do to go self employed. Anybody advertising as an electrician there must also put his licence no on the advert.
    The cable sizes are completely different to ours you need to get work there as a mate or a helper to get familiar with their terminology. The local community colleges run the courses by night for electricians

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭steifanc

muff03 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm after having a look through the forum and I couldn't locate anything along these lines, but Mods feel free to correct me.

I'm looking at trying my luck in America, and I was wondering if anybody could direct me where to go about doing the needed wiring exams beforehand. I'm not sure where to look online or even what I'm looking for so any and all help appreciated.

Obviously, there are plenty of others out there heading over yonder, be it to the states or Canada, so the information will be put to good use.

Thanks

All you need is the red seal exam , normally you need a company to sponcer you to do it if your not a resident

Advertisement