Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good area's to live in the main towns in Meath

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Ok lads saw a place in bailis manor in navan last night
    Looks like i can get it but its 875, thats a bit steep is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

brinty wrote: »
    Any link to the property?

It's on Daft,dunno how to link it from iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

niallam wrote: »
    Only 15 mins shorter and unless you want to only shop in supervalu then a drive to Ashbourne to shop, Aldi, Lidl, Dunnes, Tesco.
    You live in Skryne, where do you go out? (if you do)
    Nobody i know has bothered going out in Dunshaughlin in years...
    The night life in the village dies years ago, everyone goes out in Navan these days, bands on in every pub every night of the week.
    And having lived in Dunshaughlin for 25 years i never really experienced this "village" feeling, i think Batterstown is where you should look for that...

No village atmosphere with a major national road going through, even if as far as I know it vwas downgraded to a R road, they aren't fooling anyone. Trim does have va village atmosphere because there is no N road .

falabo wrote: »
    No village atmosphere with a major national road going through, even if as far as I know it vwas downgraded to a R road, they aren't fooling anyone. Trim does have va village atmosphere because there is no N road .

I wouldn't agree on that argument at all!!! I am not talking about Dunshaughlin but in general. What the hell does a national road have to do with a place to have a village atmosphere or not?

• Advertisement

It's on Daft,dunno how to link it from iPhone

Looks nice on photos. I wouldnt really know whether it is the right place for that type of house in that particular estate.

For similar houses you would be paying:

>1,200/1,300eur in Dunboyne
    >1,000eur in Dunshaughlin

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

falabo wrote: »

I can't actually make out if you're agreeing with me or what your saying :confused:

That "village" feeling is usually found in a place that hasn't had 500 houses build in the last 8-10 years, a place where everyone still knows everyone, a village that hasn't been taken over by jerseys from a different county every time there's a GAA match on....
    Doesn't really make a difference what road goes through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

It's on the right side of the town to commute to Dublin. As pointed above, it will save you time in the morning.

I travel from the other side of the town and some mornings you can forget about trying to get through the town at school time, it's impossible. Normally takes me the guts of 15 mins to travel from my house to the Willows/M3 roundabout at 7am when its "quiet", a journey of about 6 miles :(

dgt wrote: »
    It's on the right side of the town to commute to Dublin. As pointed above, it will save you time in the morning.

I travel from the other side of the town and some mornings you can forget about trying to get through the town at school time, it's impossible. Normally takes me the guts of 15 mins to travel from my house to the Willows/M3 roundabout at 7am when its "quiet", a journey of about 6 miles :(

Cheers DGT, i'm generally at that rounabout at 6.25 most mornings coming from Kells. Avoids all the traffic into Dublin too:P Am sat at my desk by 7.30 :o

Lads Blackcastle area of Navan, is it good bad indifferent?? I have possibly two houses available there to rent??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Lads Blackcastle area of Navan, is it good bad indifferent?? I have possibly two houses available there to rent??

Decent enough spot, it's on the north side of the town though so not fun trying to get through Navan at school time. St Olivers primary school is nearby along with the post office and a few shops

dgt wrote: »
    Decent enough spot, it's on the north side of the town though so not fun trying to get through Navan at school time. St Olivers primary school is nearby along with the post office and a few shops

I'd be leaving before 6.30 so no issues

Advertisement