Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acer Aspire Netbook Blue €220 at PowerCity.

• 03-02-2009 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

Acer Netbook €220 at PowerCity
    ONE WEB BOOK LINUX BLUE
    Model: LU.S030A.096
    Price : € 219.95
    • Acer A110L Aspire ONE Laptop Blue.
    • REAL PORTABILITY.
    • INTEL ATOM CPU.
    • 512MB RAM & 8GB FLASH DRIVE.
    • 8.9" TFT SCREEN.
    • CARD READER.
    • WIRELESS FOR BROADBAND.
    • WEBCAM BUILT IN.
    • LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM.
    • NO GUARANTEE TO WORK MOBILE BROADBAND (CHECK WITH OPERATORS.)

P.S. Just noticed this hp netbook has better specs (1Gb memory and 120Gb hard drive) and is about the same price including delivery.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,395 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Well the atoms a better processor. Wonder if this is lighter and what the battery is like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I take it that Oracle works for Power City then

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I take it that Oracle works for Power City then

Why?

I have the HP one. Have it running Vista and Office 2007 no bother

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Well the atoms a better processor. Wonder if this is lighter and what the battery is like
    Well I put XP on my one and its saying I get about 2 hrs 50 mins on the 3 cell battery. Ill assume this is a bit exagerated but well over 2 hours anyways.

Thats with the wireless on, doing some light browsing, and typing up documents.

HP say theres weighs 1.19Kg, where as Acer say the Aspire One weighs 1kg. Its awful light anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

The same model is currently retailing up north in Asda at 150 sterling. This is an in store offer only.

Its a nice machine and its very light. Ubuntu looks well on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

If you have the option, go for the better RAM. I have the Aspire One with 512MB RAM and it can get a bit frustrating when watching YouTube, etc. :( I'll have to expand it soon enough

Other than that it's pretty great! I use it for college, for programming, internet, etc. There's a wide selection of apps for it, you just have to tinker about with the machine a bit.

There's a great forum/website here:
    http://www.aspireoneuser.com/

...with lots of hacks, advice, customisation, etc.

Great resource :) For those who don't like the default layout when you boot up, you can change it so that you have a normal desktop for example. You can also change the operating system AFAIK.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Dave! wrote: »
    If you have the option, go for the better RAM. I have the Aspire One with 512MB RAM and it can get a bit frustrating when watching YouTube, etc. :( I'll have to expand it soon enough
    You can get 1GB for €16 - system can only take 1.5GB
    You can also change the operating system AFAIK.
    You can't install windows on these unless you have a spare retail or volume license.

Eeebuntu / Easy Peasy worth looking at
    screen is 1024 x 600 so you would need to tweak your browser to free up desktop space

Advertisement