Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 32" LCD Freeview (60,000:1 Contrast!) €360 (Free Shipping)

Options
  • 13-07-2010 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Ebuyer has a 32" Samsung TV for £300/€360 (I think that includes free delivery)

The contrast ratio is 60,000:1 which seems to be insane for the price. Seems like a pretty awesome deal....

samsung2%5B1%5D.jpg

Overview

Product Description

General
    • Product Type: 32" LCD TV
    • Digital Television Certification: HD ready 1080p
    • TV Tuner: 1x analogue, 1x digital
    • HDCP Compatible: Yes
    • Timer Functions: Sleep
    • Enclosure Colour: Gloss black
    Display
    • Diagonal Size: 32" - widescreen
    • Technology: TFT active matrix
    • Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    • Display Format: 1080p (FullHD)
    • Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
    • 24p Technology: 1080 24p Real Movie
    • LCD Backlight Technology: Wide Color Gamut-CCFL
    • Progressive Scan: Progressive scanning (line doubling)
    • Widescreen Modes: Zoom 16:9, Conventional 4:3, Wide Zoom, Zoom, Just
    • Colour Temperature Control: Yes (Warm1/Warm2/Normal/Cool1/Cool2)
    • Picture Adjustment: Custom/Standard/Music/film/Speech
    • Features: On/off timer, on-screen menu, Wide Color Enhancer 2, DNIe+
    TV Tuner
    • Stereo Reception System: NICAM, A2
    • Digital TV Tuner: DVB-C, DVB-T
    Video Features
    • HDTV Ready: Built-in
    • Input Video Formats: 480p, 720p, 1080i, 480i, 576i, 576p
    • Supported Computer Resolutions: 1024 x 768 (XGA), 640 x 480 (VGA), 800 x 600 (SVGA), 1280 x 1024 (SXGA), 640 x 350, 1360 x 768, 1440 x 900
    • Teletext: Yes
    • Teletext Memory: 1000 pages
    • Parental Channel Lock: Yes
    Audio System
    • Sound Output Mode: Stereo
    • Built-in Decoders: Dolby Digital Plus
    • Surround Mode: Built-in
    • Sound Effects: SRS TruSurround HD
    • Audio Controls: Sound mode, equalizer, balance
    • Equaliser: Yes (5-band)
    • Speakers Included: 2 speakers
    • Output Power / Total: 20 Watt
    • Features: Auto volume adjustment, balance control, Down-firing Speaker
    • Speaker(s): 2 x right/left channel speaker - built-in - 10 Watt
    Connections
    • Connector Type: 1 x digital audio output (optical) (TOS Link) - rear ¦ 1 x VGA input (15 PIN HD D-Sub (HD-15)) - rear ¦ 1 x audio line-in (mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm) - rear ¦ 2 x HDMI (19 pin HDMI Type A) - rear ¦ 1 x component video input (RCA phono x 3) - rear ¦ 1 x composite video/audio input (RCA phono x 3) - side ¦ 1 x audio line-in (RCA phono x 2) - rear ¦ 1 x audio line-out (RCA phono x 2) - rear ¦ 1 x SCART (21 PIN SCART) - rear ¦ 1 x HDMI (19 pin HDMI Type A) - side
    • Slot Provided: 1 x Common Interface slot
    Power and Dimensions
    • Power Device: Power supply - internal
    • Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep: 0.3 Watt
    • Power Consumption Operational: 130 Watt
    • Panel without stand: 80cm x 7.7cm x 51.8cm
    • Panel with stand: 80cm x 22cm x 56.2cm
    • Weight: 11.8 kg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I'm not a techy person. But are the specs on the TV good and is it HD? Was looking for a good tv for my bday and for the price it seems good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭musicformedia

Yes, the specs are very good. 60:000 contrast ratio means the colours on it will be amazing - films will look really good on it.

To be honest, I haven't seen a tv this good for this price ever

Yes, the specs are very good. 60:000 contrast ratio means the colours on it will be amazing - films will look really good on it.

Nice nice. And I saw it's Hd. With the tv's that come from lidl people always ask do they have mpeg-4 (i think that's it anyways) because if it doesn't it can't pick up Irish terrestrial channels. If it has that I'm defo buyin that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Good value all right

5 Day Free Shipping Offer

Free 5 Day Delivery is available on all orders.
    To obtain Free Delivery, Select delivery option Within 5 Working Days at checkout.
    Only applies to orders under 25kg.
    The offer only applies to Mainland UK orders.
    Free Delivery is a strictly Limited Time Only offer, and may be stopped at any time without prior notice by Ebuyer.
    The offer is subject to the following conditions:
    All items on the order are in stock.
    All items on the order are available for delivery.

http://www.ebuyer.com/deliveryprices

The Richer Sounds have similiar price on this tv

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/samsung/le32b530/sams-le32b530

If you talk to John or Ashley they will gladly make a very cheap delivery arrangement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105

more reviews about the product -http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1018378-samsung-le32b530.html

Slegs in the TV Forum has confirmed that it is MPEG4 here

• Advertisement

How come there's no option on the UK eBuyer website to change the country to Ireland?

Are you using the paypayl checkout or normal checkout?

Both allow me to set EIRE as my address - you have to select UK as the address then REP123 as postcode

Are you using the paypayl checkout or normal checkout?

Both allow me to set EIRE as my address - you have to select UK as the address then REP123 as postcode

Normal checkout (if my mam lets me buy it :D). Is this correct? Sorry to ask a stupid question but I've never bought off of an english site (besides Amazon) before so this is somewhat confusing, plus it's morning and I'm still sleepy.

herey.jpg

REP123 in capital letters - that not work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Normal checkout (if my mam lets me buy it :D). Is this correct? Sorry to ask a stupid question but I've never bought off of an english site (besides Amazon) before so this is somewhat confusing, plus it's morning and I'm still sleepy.

Think you may have to select to pay via google checkout or paypal for ebuyer. Both are painless anyway. Theres a guide to checking out here, not sure if its all still valid tho:

http://forums.ebuyer.com/showthread.php?t=22901

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭xtal191

D.I.D. have the newer version of this TV the 32C530 for €423!!

Nevermind, mam's on hols and she won't give me the cc to buy it until she's home on Sat. All I have is a laser card and that won't work. All I can hope now is that there's some in stock by the time she's home. Can't wait until I'm 18 in two weeks then I can get a visa card god dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Nevermind, mam's on hols and she won't give me the cc to buy it until she's home on Sat. All I have is a laser card and that won't work. All I can hope now is that there's some in stock by the time she's home. Can't wait until I'm 18 in two weeks then I can get a visa card god dammit.

Get a pre-paid mastercard instead and save yourself the hassle of CC debt! You can load it for free from a lazer card. Can't recommend it highly enough - Moneybookers

Get a pre-paid mastercard instead and save yourself the hassle of CC debt! You can load it for free from a lazer card. Can't recommend it highly enough - Moneybookers

OOooooo interesting. Thanks alot! .. and that I can load it from a laser means I can buy from sites that don't accept Irish laser cards (or laser in general). How come I didn't find this sooner :D

Edit, you've to be 18 for that too lol.

Mam said we'll only go into a bricks and mortar shop (bit of a technophobe).. so I better start looking online in places like Currys and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Also looking for the LE32C530 (this years model). If anyone sees it cheaper than D.I.D which I have locally in Galway please let me know. Pixmania UK has the LE32C530 for only 305Pounds = 365Euros and another 7pounds off with a voucher. Unfortunately they don't ship to Ireland.

So just in case anyone knows a cheaper place than D.I.D (E429) for the LE32C530 please let me know.

Btw in the richersounds section I was quoted Pounds 319 which is an excellent price too. Unfortunetely they can't ship that TV and its a bit of a overkill to travel to Belfast from Galway for that.

Thanks

P.S. The free shipping is only for UK anyways at Ebuyers - Correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

rh5555 wrote: »
    Also looking for the LE32C530 (this years model). If anyone sees it cheaper than D.I.D which I have locally in Galway please let me know. Pixmania UK has the LE32C530 for only 305Pounds = 365Euros and another 7pounds off with a voucher. Unfortunately they don't ship to Ireland.

So just in case anyone knows a cheaper place than D.I.D (E429) for the LE32C530 please let me know.

Btw in the richersounds section I was quoted Pounds 319 which is an excellent price too. Unfortunetely they can't ship that TV and its a bit of a overkill to travel to Belfast from Galway for that.

Thanks

P.S. The free shipping is only for UK anyways at Ebuyers - Correct?

Try using BT1 1AA as the postcode .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Try using BT1 1AA as the postcode .

I wouldnt advise that for something you are going to pay nearly €400 for. Its ok for a freebie, you have nothing to lose, but ebuyer might charge you shipping fee when the item is returned to them as wrong address. ROI 123 does work for ebuyer

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

Also looking for the LE32C530 (this years model). If anyone sees it cheaper than D.I.D which I have locally in Galway please let me know.

Do you mean that you have seen it cheaper in Galway ?
    If so where ?

Try Peter Murphys in Westside. I found my TV was E20 cheaper there than in DID. Not much but still with their double discount thing it'd be 40.

Worth noting that the newer version lets you play Avi & other format files from a thumb drive or HDD. That could be a very handy feature.

I havent seen the LE32C530 any cheaper. Its €440 in powercity, €499 in harvery norman and €475 in arnotts but im sure there's somewhere that has it cheaper online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

There is no industry standard way of measuring contrast and Samsung's figures are the most outlandish.

Read reviews of the TV and proceed with caution.

I bought a Samsung LCD TV and will not buy another as it has so many bugs it's not funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

To: Fistycuffs. No I meant to say that there is a D.I.D in Galway so I could buy it in-store not having to deal with shipping or sending it back if something were to happen. Just figured maybe someone knows a cheaper place somewhere.

Also anyone know what the best panel is for the TV and if there is a way to find out the panel maker by the serial number. If I buy it at D.I.D I doubt they'll let me take all their TV's out of the box to see the sticker inside that tells me the panel maker. Its on the top left side of the TV btw if anyone is interested.

If there is a way to determine the Panel maker by the serial number that is on the actual TV box that would be great. I think Samsung panels are the best and 2nd best is AUO and it goes downhill from that point on.

What do you mean by the best Tv panel maker?

To: Fistycuffs. No I meant to say that there is a D.I.D in Galway so I could buy it in-store not having to deal with shipping or sending it back if something were to happen. Just figured maybe someone knows a cheaper place somewhere.

Also anyone know what the best panel is for the TV and if there is a way to find out the panel maker by the serial number. If I buy it at D.I.D I doubt they'll let me take all their TV's out of the box to see the sticker inside that tells me the panel maker. Its on the top left side of the TV btw if anyone is interested.

If there is a way to determine the Panel maker by the serial number that is on the actual TV box that would be great. I think Samsung panels are the best and 2nd best is AUO and it goes downhill from that point on.

Yeah you're right the SQ panel is meant to be the best followed by the AU or maybe its AOU cant remember but if def begins with an A. The panel to avoid is the CN one though. I've no idea if you can check the panel from the serial, you're better off going on to AV Forums and asking there!!

Advertisement